IFC—a sister organization of the World Bank and member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work with more than 2,000 businesses worldwide, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in the toughest areas of the world. For more information, visit www.ifc.org
IFC is currently implementing a three-year project to develop sustainable, traceable and inclusive rice supply chains in Cambodia. In collaboration with international clients and their domestic players, IFC is supporting demonstration and scale-up the use of Sustainable Rice Platform (SRP) standards and performance indicators in their respective supply chains. The project is expected to enhance overall supply chain performance and increase revenues for private sector firms and thousands of smallholder farmers through improving productivity and climate resilience, building supply chain connectivity and adoption of new practices, technology and inputs. This would ultimately help to sustain the growth of Cambodia’s rice sector, contributing to better farmers’ livelihoods, rural incomes and poverty reduction.
IFC proposes to hire a firm (or consortia of firms) from January 15, 2020 to October 31, 2021 to achieve the following objectives:
• Manage and deliver a training program on SRP and Climate Smart Agriculture (CSA) technologies and practices based on existing materials and guidelines to IFC rice mill client’s staff, local partners, and farmers. In addition, support the development of an SRP certified rice traceability system for IFC rice mill client.
• Manage and deliver a training program on seed multiplication to farmers, and on management of seed supply chains to key management teams of ACs, IFC rice mill client’s staff and local partners.
• Manage and deliver a training program on business management skills and financial literacy to lead farmers and participating farmers. In addition, build capacity of participating ACs on organizational and business management skills and financial literacy.
• In-depth understanding of agribusiness with a broad knowledge of the rice sector in Cambodia.
• Demonstrated experience in farmer training and curriculum and training materials development, specifically on key topics such as: SRP and CSA, seed multiplication, business management skill and financial literacy, introduction of new technologies, and farmer group/cooperative formation and strengthening.
• Experience in developing traceability systems, especially in the rice sector.
• Team Leader should possess advanced degree in business, economics, agriculture or related field, significant experience in rice industry. In addition, strong interpersonal skills and good communication/presentation skills.
• Demonstrated experiences in providing advisory/technical services to international and large domestic firms, specifically in the agribusiness areas, and international agricultural commodity trade. Demonstrated work experience in the private sector, rice industry preferred.
• Previous working experience with the World Bank Group is a benefit.
Interested consulting firms must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services. Expressions of Interest should be submitted in English, electronically through World Bank Group eConsultant2 via (https://wbgeconsult2.worldbank.org/wbgec/index.html, business opportunities section, Selection number 1265780). Deadline of submission of interest by: Dec 23, 2019.
Following this invitation for Expression of Interest, a shortlist of qualified firms will be formally invited to submit proposals. Shortlisting and selection will be subject to the availability of funding.