With Maryknoll Cambodia initiative supports, Royal University of Phnom Penh (RUPP) invites applications for admission to Master of Arts in Philosophy for the 2016-2017 Academic Year. The M.A. program is a rigorous program and intellectual training designed to prepare students to pursue doctoral studies abroad and/or to serve as professors of philosophy, civil servants, or leaders in other organizations.
Students seeking admission to the M.A. in Philosophy program at RUPP must meet the following requirements:
1. B.A. degree (with 03 credits in Philosophy/ Religions subjects);
2. Minimum GPA of 3.0 in the B.A. program;
3. Competence in English proven via either (a) earning a score of at least 475 TOFEL ITP or equivalent internationally-recognized test or (b) passing the English Language Entrance Examination conducted by the Admission Exam Committee.
4. Entrance Examination (Subjects: Philosophy and English)
5. Interview in English conducted by Admission Exam Committee. (only for candidates who passed the entrance exam)
Required Application Materials
Students seeking admission to the M.A. in Philosophy program at RUPP must submit / complete the following:
1. Application Form with passport photo (4x6) (Download link: http://www.rupp.edu.kh/master/philosophy)
2. and filled in both English and Khmer Forms filled by handwriting)
3. Admission Ticket (Filled by handwriting)
4. Statement of purpose for the program (maximum of 1000 words) written in English;
5. Two letters of recommendation written by professors;
6. Academic certificate, transcript and other relevant documents.
1. Scholarship: We are committed to attracting talented students and will provide some scholarships contingent upon academic background and performance as well as the availability of funding for that academic year.
2. Tuition fees: 500 dollars/semester
* Application fee: 80,000 Riels
Applications deadline: July 20th, 2016 at 4:00 pm
Entrance Exam Date: July 30th, 2016
For application submission/more information, please contact:
Dr. Saphon Somolireasmey, Program Director Tel: 085 250 368/ 069 777 855
Email: [email protected]
Prof. Mech Samphors, Assistant to the Program, Tel: 012 581 106
Address: Office of MA in Philosophy, Royal University of Phnom Penh (Campus 2).