The Project for Rice Seed Production and Promotion, which is supported by Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) has just started in November 2017, and recruit a national consultant working for the project.
The key tasks for the National Consultant are following:
• Review and recommend the necessary seed regulatory documents including the standards to guide the implementation;
• Assist in the preparation of the operational guidelines and instruction manuals for rice seed production and inspection;
• Assist in the preparation of the operational guidelines and instruction manuals for a national seed certification scheme including field inspection and laboratory tests;
• Assist in the development of rice seed business model and marketing by working in close cooperation with private sector and seed producer groups;
• Support establishment of a platform comprising rice seed related organizations/ companies/ individuals;
• Fulfil other assignments as required by the Project Director and Chief Adviser.
• At least a Master Degree in agricultural science with specialization on seed production and business administration.
• More than 10 years experiences in rice seed production, inspection, certification, and rice seed business.
• Familiar with seed policy, regulations and technical procedures related to rice seed sector in Cambodia.
• Good proficiency in writing, listening and reading in English and Khmer.
• Well operating with MS Word/ Excel/ Power Point.
• Good communication and facilitation skills, and ability to meet deadlines.
• Work location: General Directorate of Agriculture, Manistry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fishery, (#54B St. 656, Teuk Laak III, Toul Kok, Phnom Penh), and with occasional travels to the provinces, Battambang, Kampong Chhnang, Takeo and Prey Veng.
• Basic working hours: From 8:00 to 17:00 (lunch time is from 12:00 to 14:00), from Monday to Friday
Submission of Applications
Interested candidates shall send the documents below to PRPP project office via e-mail to [email protected]. Only short listed candidates will receive acknowledgements. All applications are treated with strict confidentiality.
The deadline for receipt of application is at noon of December 28th (Thursday).
1. Written Pledge (1 copy)
2. Curriculum vitae (1 copy) * Salary expectations should be indicated in it.
3. Credentials (1 copy)
1. Starting date will be the middle of January, 2018.
2. Initial contract term is from the date of commencement till the end of August, with a possible extension, given satisfactory performance and workload demand.
3. A probationary period lasting three months from the day of recruitment.