The Phnom Penh Post, an independent media company in Cambodia, is seeking an intern to fill the position below:
Digital/lifestyle writer (Internship)
Duties and responsibilities:
- Generating story ideas and writing for online and print — this could range from food and drink reviews to lighthearted listicles to in-depth features
- Helping the online desk publish stories to the website and social media
- Assisting the online desk with tasks such as monitoring analytics, selecting international stories for online and editing video
- Native-level written English
- Ability to prioritise and manage tasks set by various editors
- Good knowledge of social media and its use by news organisations
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and other Adobe programmes would be an advantage
- Recent graduate or early in career
- Keen to develop skills in journalism and digital
The internship will last three or six months depending on availability, and a monthly stipend will be paid. Applications from overseas are welcome. Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and CV to [email protected] by January 7.
Phnom Penh Center, building H,Unit:888, 8th floor, Corner Sihanouk & Sothearos Blvd, Sangkat Tonle Bassac, Khan Chamkarmon, Phnom Penh.
Tel: +855- (0) 23 214 311-17
Fax: +855-(0)23-214 318