The U.S. Embassy in Phnom Penh is seeking an individual for the Political Specialist position for the Political and Economic Office.
The Political Specialist will be primarily responsible for monitoring political parties, general political developmentsincluding elections, external affairs, and corruption. The incumbent will report to a Political/Economic (Pol/Econ) Officer and will have additional responsibility for maintaining biographies on key mission contacts, translating for the Pol/Econ Office, arranging schedules for visiting officials, accompanying Pol/Econ Officers in the field, and performing other administrative duties as required.
FSN-10; FP-5 (Steps 5 through 14)/USD 19,168–29,711 annually (full-performance level)
FSN-9; FP-5 (Steps 1 through 4)/USD 14,618–22,652 annually (training level)
1. Master’s Degree in Liberal Arts, Political Science, International Relations, International Political-Economy, Public Relations, Journalism, Communications, Law, Business Administration, Social Science, Education, or English is required.
2. Full performance level: Five (5) years of experience working in government or non-government organizations with responsibilities related to political analysis and reporting.
Training level: Four (4) years of experience working in government or non-government organizations with responsibilities related to political analysis and reporting.
3. Level IV (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing English and Khmer are required. Language proficiency will be tested.
4. Must have solid working knowledge of Cambodian government systems and structures and in-depth knowledge of current political and economic situation in Cambodia.
5. Must be able to produce accurate and well-organized accounts of breaking events in political issues. Ability to establish and maintain a broad range of contacts, and maintain a neutral and approachable style in dealing with all parties concerned.
The application deadline is November 11, 2014. Interested candidates must submit applications by email to [email protected] using the “Universal Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Member (DS-174)” form. The application form and complete details on this position can be found at http://cambodia.usembassy.gov/employment_opportunities.html.
Note: All Ordinarily Resident (OR) applicants must have the required work and/or residency permits to be eligible for consideration.