EMDR Cambodia Association has been operating in Cambodia to promote the treatment of psychological trauma and building-up more professional resources in the mental health field. EMDR Cambodia is running a new project named “Establishment of Psychotherapeutic Services for Myanmar and Cambodia (Mekong III Project)” which is funded by BMZ and terre des hommes (tdh) Germany.
Mekong III Project is going to organize and conduct series of professional trainings on Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) psychotherapy for mental health professionals in Cambodia and Myanmar who are interested in evidence-based trauma treatment and in applying this professional psychotherapy into their clinical practices. Dr. Derek Farrell, accredited Trainer and Consultant from EMDR Europe and Senior Lecturer at the University of Worcester, the UK, will be the main trainer for this course.
- At lest holding Master’s degree in clinical psychology, or in psychiatry or an equivalent degree in other related field.
- Working with clients in the field of mental health.
- Good level of English in speaking, listening, reading and writing.
- Has a strong commitment to apply the skills obtained from the training into daily practice.
- Has a strong commitment to participate in the trainings and clinical supervision sessions.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to send CV and a letter of interest to EMDR Cambodia office at house # 33, St. 506, Phsar Doeum Thkov, Chamkarmon, Phnom Penh, or E-mail to: [email protected] no latter than 30 December, 2017.
- Screening: January 8, 2018
- Oral interview: January 23-24, 2018
- The first training date: February 19-25, 2018
The training and relevant expenses of trainees will be covered by the project. For further information please contact our office at 089 968 678 or visit our website on www.emdrcambodia.org