This position is working for the International Development (ABCID) Unit, within the International Division of the Australian Broadcasting Corporation (ABC). ABCID manages and implements media development and communication for development projects throughout Asia and the Pacific.
The Cambodia Communication Assistance Project (CCAP) works with four Provincial Department of Information (PDI) radio stations in Kampot, Kampong Cham, Battambang and Siem Reap; and one community radio outlet in Kratie; on programming that promotes citizen voice transparency, accountability and ending violence against women. CCAP is an Australian Aid funded program.
Reporting to the Team Leader this role requires both strategic and practical application of inputs to assist with the delivery of the project. The position will require:
I. In depth analysis of research findings and other impact data that shape activity support to the Provincial Department of Information (PDI) radio stations;
II. Liaison with existing and potential partners to assist improving the delivery and impact of CCAP goals;
III. Supporting the sustainability strategy of PDI programming; and
IV. Contributing to progress and work plan reporting to ensure activity analysis and monitoring evaluation demonstrate project goals.
Scope of Work:
1. Linking Research and Content
• Work with the Content Team to facilitate greater in-depth knowledge within PDIs on content/programming strategies relating to thematic areas of focus, including but not limited to governance and gender.
• Utilising information gathered via impact evaluation, develop a curriculum and training framework for PDI staff to enhance content development
• Work with the Research Team to identify key insights to be incorporated into PDI content advisory support that will improve content output and relevance.
• Stay abreast of international best practice and innovation, especially in the field of media and governance accountability, and provide advice to Team Leader and project staff on emerging practices and insights that could be applied to the project.
• Facilitate presentations and discussions with internal and external stakeholders as required.
• Foster links with knowledgeable experts who brief CCAP and PDI staff on critical aspects of governance, gender and or cross cutting themes identified as being important to engagement with PDI’s and their audiences.
• Maintain and seek development partnerships with potential NGOs and International Organisations that could enhance the work of CCAP and the PDIs.
• Enhance PDI sustainability strategy and advise on income generation opportunities for PDIs to maintain sustainability of programming after project completion.
• Work with Melbourne based ABCID to review, revise and edit project reports ensuring research findings and outcomes are accurately reflected and can be readily understood by stakeholders.
• Develop and publish impact stories and other relevant documents such as report findings and work with Melbourne based ABCID to publish material on the ABCID web page and other media platforms.
4. Team Leader Representation
• Support the Team Leader in ensuring follow up of activities as per CCAP workplan and DFAT Grant Agreements.
• Represent CCAP and Team Leader as required.
Key Selection Criteria
1. Demonstrated experience in media and communications, with knowledge of Cambodian media landscape, especially at sub-national level, highly desirable.
2. Understanding of key of development themes such as governance and ending violence against women and how media can be used as a tool to address these issues at community and local levels.
3. Good cross-cultural communication skills including high level of verbal and written English; ability to present a range of material to internal and external stakeholders, develop training materials and work closely with colleagues in research, production and ABC in Australia.
4. Excellent report writing skills and ability to analyse, apply and distil research data.
5. Ability to demonstrate understanding of, and commitment to, the ABC’s aims, values and workplace policies.
• Tertiary qualification(s) in a relevant discipline such as international development and or media discipline undertaken in English language.
Duration: 2 years with the start date of July 2016.
Closing date: Qualified and experienced individuals should send a cover letter addressing key selection criteria together with a CV by 5:00 pm of 27th May 2016 to ABC Office at No. 33, Street 228, Boeung Raing, Daun Penh; or email to [email protected] Only short listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
Note: Successful applicant will be required to undergo a National Police Check, and sign and adhere to ABCID Child Protection Policy and Code of Conduct.