The U.S. Mission in Phnom Penh is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Program Management Specialist for the Public Affairs Section, Department of State.
The incumbent serves as the principal advisor to the Public Affairs Office (PAO) on program, budget, and human resource issues. S/he coordinates with the Financial Management Office, prepares budget documents, and acts as the section’s primary grants administrator. S/he plans and administers the Ambassadors Fund for Cultural Preservation and English Access Micro-scholarship Program, organizes and implements cultural and performing arts exchange programs, and develops and maintains cultural heritage contacts, including with the Ministry of Culture and Fine Arts.
Salary: The annual salary range for this position is USD 21,913 – 33,964.
1. EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in Liberal Arts, Fine Arts, Architecture, Education, English, Communications, Public Relations, International Relations, Business Administration, Accounting, Social Sciences, Physical Sciences, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, or Law is required.
2. EXPERIENCE: Three years of experience in financial management, office administration, or program supervision is required.
3. LANGUAGE: Level IV (fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing English and Khmer are required. (This will be tested.)
4. SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must be able to independently plan, organize, and carry out complex cultural and academic program and assigning work to subordinates as appropriate. Must be able to track, evaluate, and report on programs and activities and work closely with the Financial Management Office to track the Public Affairs Section budget and advise the Public Affairs Officer on budget issue and develop expertise in grants management and regulations. Must have advanced interpersonal skills and be able to work on tight deadlines.
5. JOB KNOWLEDGE: Must have a thorough understanding of Cambodian cultural, educational, socio-economic, and political structures and institutions. Must be familiar with financial management terminology and practices and have experience with commonly used computer programs including Microsoft Excel.
The application deadline is March 13, 2017. Interested candidates must submit applications by email to [email protected] using the “Universal Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Member (DS-174)” form. The application form and complete details on this position can be found at https://kh.usembassy.gov/embassy/jobs.
Note: All Ordinarily Resident (OR) applicants must have the required work and/or residency permits to be eligible for consideration.