Founded in 1974, Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) is an executing agency of Japanese Official Development Assistance (ODA) for technical assistance, focusing on capacity building, organization strengthening and human resource development that will enable developing countries to pursue their sustainable socio-economic development. In October 2008, JICA started undertaking Japanese ODA loan operations, as well as grant assistance in addition to its current operations, after the merger with a part of JBIC (Japan Bank for International Cooperation).
Japanese ODA assistance in Cambodia has been provided to various areas including Governance, Social Services, Training, Social and Economic Development / Infrastructure, etc. Among them, private sector development is one of the main areas.
The newly recruited staff will be working closely with other JICA staff in administering the formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the projects in relation to the private sector development, and carry out other necessary tasks related to the activities.
The staff will be based in Phnom Penh, with occasional travels to provinces/other countries.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. To collect and analyze information related to current political and economic context, various needs in the infrastructure development sector.
2. To liaise with government agencies, private sectors, and other relevant organizations such as development partners (DPs) in implementing, monitoring projects as well as arranging schedule for mission teams from Japan.
3. To represent the JICA Cambodia office at relevant meetings, workshops, and seminars, etc.
4. To engage in secretarial works and logistical arrangements.
5. To engage in the project formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation in the infrastructure division under the supervision of the division chief.
6. To exchange information with the relevant ministries of the RGC, in particular Cambodian Rehabilitation and Development Board/Council for the Development of Cambodia (CRDB/CDC).
Requirements (Qualifications and Experience)
1. University degree in the relevant areas (Economics, Social Science, Development Study, Finance, Business Administration,).
2. Native tongue in Khmer and excellent speaking, reading and writing ability in English.
3. Minimum three to five years of prior experience directly working on public policy, economics/infrastructure development, or finance/business administration, procurement, etc.
4. Prior experience on working with CRDB/CDC will be a great advantage
5. Long-term carrier vision as a JICA staff for more than 3 years.
1. Ability to work independently under a minimum supervision as well as ability to work as a team
2. Sufficient ability to read, summarize and analyze the relevant documents such as reports issued by government agencies or relevant DP(s).
3. Proficiency with relevant computer programs (internet, email, Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point)
4. Strong commitment to learn and improve
5. Knowledge of the Cambodian economic/infrastructure development, public finance and relevant field(s) would be a great advantage.
Submission of Applications
Interested candidates shall send the documents below to JICA Cambodia office, General affairs section, P.O. Box 613, 6th, 7th, 8th Floors, Building #61-64, Preah Norodom Blvd., Phnom Penh, Cambodia; or via e-mail to [email protected]. Pre-selection will be conducted on the basis of the submitted documents to compile a short list of prospective candidates. Only the short listed candidates will receive acknowledgements. All applications are treated with strict confidentiality.
The deadline for receipt of application is 3 March, 2015.
1. Written Pledge (1 copy)
2. Curriculum vitae (1 copy) * Salary expectations should be indicated in it.
3. Credential (1 copy)
1. The employment period will start in the middle of March, 2015.
2. Initial contract period shall be until 30th September 2015, with a possible extension, given satisfactory performance and workload demand.
3. A probationary period lasting three months from the day of recruitment.