JICA CAMBODIA OFFICE
>Program Officer in Governance, Social Development and Partnership Program Division
Founded in 1974, Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) is an executing agency of Japanese Official Development Assistance (ODA), focusing on capacity building, organization strengthening and human resource development that will enable developing countries to pursue their sustainable socio-economic development through Technical Cooperation, ODA Loans, and Grant Aid.
Japanese ODA assistance in Cambodia has been provided to various areas including Governance, Social Services, Training, Social and Economic Development / Infrastructure, etc. Among them, social development, such as health, education and demining, is one of the main areas.
The newly recruited staff will be working closely with the Governance, Social development and Partnership Program division and other JICA staff in administering the formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the projects and other necessary tasks related to the activities. At the same time, the staff will be working closely with JICA staff in administering JICA Training Program in Japan (invitation, preparations), JICA project Request Survey, and other necessary tasks related to the activities.
The staff will be based in Phnom Penh, with occasional travels to provinces/other countries.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. To be in charge of various JICA sponsored projects mainly in the health sector.
2. To collect and analyze information related to current political and social context, various needs in the social development sector.
3. To be in charge of JICA Training Program.
4. To be in charge of JICA project Request Survey.
5. To liaise with government agencies, private sectors, and other relevant organizations such as development partners (DPs) in implementing, monitoring projects as well as arranging schedule for mission teams from Japan.
6. To represent the JICA Cambodia office at relevant meetings, workshops, and seminars, etc.
7. To engage in secretarial works and logistical arrangements.
8. To engage in the project formulation, imple-mentation, monitoring and evaluation in Governance, Social development and Partnership Program division under the supervision of the division chief.
Requirements (Qualifications and Experience)
1. University degree in the relevant areas (Economics, Social Science, Development Study, Finance, Business Administration). Native tongue in Khmer and excellent speaking, reading and writing ability in English.
2. Minimum three to five years of prior experience directly working on public policy on social, development, or finance/business administration, etc).
3. Prior experience on working with bilateral or multi-lateral aid agencies/development banks will be a great advantage
4. Long-term carrier vision as a JICA staff for more than 3 years.
1. Ability to work independently under a minimum supervision as well as ability to work as a team
2. Sufficient ability to read, summarize and analyze the relevant documents such as reports issued by government agencies or relevant DP(s).
3. Proficiency with relevant computer applications (internet, email, Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point)
4. Strong commitment to learn and improve
5. Knowledge of the Cambodian social development and relevant field(s) would be a great advantage.
Submission of Applications
Interested candidates shall send the documents below to JICA Cambodia office, General affairs section, P.O. Box 613, 6th, 7th, 8th Floors, Building #61-64, Preah Norodom Blvd., Phnom Penh, Cambodia; or via e-mail to [email protected] Pre-selection will be conducted on the basis of the submitted documents to compile a short list of prospective candidates. Only the short listed candidates will receive acknowledgements. All applications are treated with strict confidentiality.
The deadline for receipt of application is at noon of 12th February, 2016.
1. Written Pledge (1 copy)
2. Curriculum vitae (1 copy) * Salary expectations should be indicated.
3. Credential (1 copy)
1. The employment period will start from 23rd February, 2016.
2. Initial contract period shall be until 31st August 2016, with a possible extension, given satisfactory performance and workload demand.
3. A probationary period lasting three months from the day of recruitment.