The United Nations Population Fund aims at delivering a world where every pregnancy is wanted, every childbirth is safe, and every young person’s potential is fulfilled.
|Job Title:||Programme Assistant (PD)||Duty Station:||Based at Ministry of Planning|
|Contract type:||Service Contract||Deadline:||15 January 2015|
Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent will be based in the Ministry of Planning and provide both administrative/financial and technical support to 1) the National Institute of Statistics; 2) the General Directorate of Planning; and 3) the General Secretariat for Population and Development of Ministry of Planning to undertake the following specific tasks:
• Proactively contribute to day-to-day annual workplan implementation and ensure compliance with the UNFPA programme and financial rules and regulations, including NEX audits, OFA management.
• Provide support to the PD Programme Analyst in preparing and updating the annual workplans; prepare budget revisions if and when required.
• Assist in monitoring the progress in implementation of programme activities throughout the programme timeline;
• Ensure follow-up for implementation of audit recommendations of the workplan related to the following areas.
Qualifications and Experience
• At least a Master’s degree in Social Sciences, preferably in one of the following: Population Studies, Demography, Economics or Statistics.
• A minimum of five years of relevant experience related to development planning.
• Knowledge of rights-based approach in social development. Good knowledge and understanding of the population issues in Cambodia. Working experience in policy analysis, and advocacy for population in the context of poverty reduction and sustainable development; and working experience in communication and advocacy including editing and presentation related works. Demonstrated experience in strategic planning, results-based management and reporting, formulation and monitoring of projects/programmes.
• Fluency in written and spoken Khmer and English and efficient use of computer;knowledge of UN languages desirable.
How to apply
Applications should be sent to UNFPA Cambodia, address directly to Dr Marc Derveeuw G.L., Representative, Phnom Penh Center, North Building, Room 526, Corner Sihanouk (274) and Sothearos (3) Boulevard, Tonle Bassac, Chamkar Mon, Phnom Penh, Cambodia. Application must be supported with P11 (mandatory). The Personal History Form (P11) and Job Description can be obtained from http://countryoffice.unfpa.org/cambodia. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. UNFPA retains the right to contact referees directly.
There is no application, processing or other fee at any stage of the application process. UNFPA does not solicit or screen for information in respect of HIV or AIDS and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV status.