To support Luxembourg’s expanding programme comprising projects in the fields of rural development, education, governance and health, the LuxDev Regional Office for Laos, Myanmar and Vietnam in Vientiane, is currently seeking for a:
Duty station: in Vientiane, Laos with travels to projects in Laos, Myanmar and Vietnam.
The objectives of the position:
• To contribute to the formulation and to support and monitor the implementation of projects and programmes according to the mandate of LuxDev in Laos, Myanmar and Vietnam.
The main functions of this position:
• To provide organizational and technical support to new projects’ formulation and launch;
• To assist the Regional Representative in supervising the execution of the programme;
• To support, monitor and the report on the programme’s implementation;
• To coordinate and follow-up the closure plan;
• To assist the Regional Representative in the analysis of the specific sectors;
• To contribute to the knowledge management and communication of the programme and LuxDev;
• To enforce procurement and delegation rules within the programme.
Required qualifications and experience:
• Master degree in Development Studies, Economics, Law, Sociology, Business Administration and/or one of above sector – from a renowned university.
• Relevant management experience in a multiple project/programme environ-ment, or similar position in Southeast Asia.
Required skills and competencies:
• Capacity to conceptualise programme interventions;
• Capacity to plan and deliver multiple activities under strict deadlines and with high levels of precision;
• Skilled at complex monitoring systems;
• Able to communicate on sensible issues in a concise, accessible and engaging way;
• Understanding of questions related to international development and environment in Southeast Asia;
• Previous experience of direct staff management;
• Fluent English, speaking, reading, and writing;
• Lao / Thai or French knowledge is an advantage.
Duration of contract: One year, renewable.
Applications in English consisting of Curriculum Vitae with photograph and a covering letter, must be sent by e-mail specifying in the Subject line “Application for ROFVTE_ PROG” to:
Deadline for submitting application for this position is June 15th 2017.
Job Description is available upon request to the above email address.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.