KfW is Germany’s state owned bank and belongs to the leading and most experienced promotional banks in the world. An integrate part of our global engagement is development finance. On behalf of the German Federal Government we finance development projects around the world. In Cambodia, focal areas are on rural infrastructure, public health, SMEs and protection and sustainable management of natural resources.
We are currently looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of a Project Coordinator (Senior). The newly recruited staff will work under the supervision of and report to the Office Director.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
A) Project Coordination
• Assist the project teams at KfW headquarters in Frankfurt in the identification and preparation of projects by collecting, analyzing and summarizing relevant sector information;
• Contribute to the effectiveness of the project implementation by regularly monitoring the process, reporting to headquarters on progress, identifying obstacles and contributing ideas to overcome them;
• Coordinate among and assist the implementing agencies (notably Cambodian ministries) as well as other local and international partners (notably consultants, contractors, development partners) in resolving issues arising during the project cycle.
B) Local Representation
• Represent KfW Office Phnom Penh at and actively participate in sectoral technical working groups, meetings, workshops and seminars with government, international development partners, NGOs etc.
• Liaise and coordinate with government line ministries, international development partners and other stakeholders working in the same sectors;
• Coordinate with other German development institutions in providing project information.
C) Logistical Support
• Organize, coordinate and accompany sector team missions during their visits to Cambodia. This includes arranging schedules (e.g. work plans, meetings, field visits) and oral and written translations.
Requirements (Qualification and Experience)
• Advanced university degree (equal to MA or higher), preferably in economics or social sciences, public health, development economics, engineering (including agriculture) or in related subjects;
• Native tongue in Khmer and excellent speaking, reading and writing abilities in English. Knowledge of German language would be of an advantage, but is not a precondition;
• Minimum five (5) years of professional experience directly working in or with international development cooperation institutions;
• Proven work experience in one or more of KfW’s focal areas would be a strong advantage;
• In-depth comprehension of macroeconomic and development relevant issues in Cambodia and advanced understanding of government policies, strategies and administrative procedures;
• Ability to work independently with a minimum requirement of supervision and guidance needed, while integrating with small teams and coordinating with sectoral specialists at KfW headquarters;
• Indicating the will to take responsibility and displaying a problem-solving attitude with the ability to adapt to changing structures;
• Ability to establish working relationships with higher-level government officials and other development partners/donors;
• Excellent analytical and writing skills and sufficient knowledge to read and summarize the relevant documents (e.g. papers issued by government agencies and/or development partners);
• Proficiency with computer programs (internet, email, office packages, WebEx);
• Work location: KfW Office Phnom Penh (1st Floor, House No. 23, Street 306, Sangkat Boeung Keng Kang 1, Khan Chamkarmon) with frequent travels to the provinces and occasional travel abroad;
• Standard working hours: 8 hours, between 7:00 to 18:00 (lunch break is from 12:00 to 13:30), from Monday to Friday, with occasional work/travel on weekends and/or public holidays, if required.
Submission of Applications
We encourage interested candidates to submit the following application documents which will be treated strictly confidential and not be returned to the applicant:
1. Letter of application, stating how you meet the requirements and competencies as mentioned above and explaining your motivation behind the application;
2. Comprehensive curriculum vitae, including names and contact details of two to three professional references from different institutions who are familiar with the candidate’s qualifications and work experience;
3. Indication of your salary expectations.
Interested applicants are to submit their applications by email to [email protected] and copy to [email protected] or hardcopy to the office of HRINC Cambodia (address: N 10, St. 242, Khan Daun Penh, Phnom Penh, Tel: (855) 23 211 437). The deadline for receipt of application is July 10th, 2018, 5pm. Only shortlisted candidates will receive acknowledgement and are contacted for interviews. KfW is a value based equal opportunities employer, appointing on merits by open competition.