The U.S. Embassy in Phnom Penh is seeking an individual for the Protocol Assistant position for the Executive Office.
The Protocol Assistant serves as the Embassy’s main point of contact for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs’ Protocol Department, the Royal Palace and assists to coordinate U.S. government officials’ VIP visits to Cambodia. The incumbent serves as the personal assistant to the Ambassador, the Deputy Chief of Mission (DCM) and/or their spouses on complex and sensitive protocol matters. Develops and maintains a large network of contacts with office directors in all government offices in the country. Prepares and maintains biographic data of key official figures. Reviews and revises guest lists for embassy functions and provides visiting delegations with protocol guidance and advice. As required, accompanies the Ambassador and senior U.S. officials to meetings. Coordinates with the household staff of the Ambassador and the DCM and arranges Embassy official functions, and performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Salary: The annual salary range for this position is USD12,142 – 18,824.
1. Bachelor’s degree in English, Political Science, Management, Business Administration, Public Relations, or Education is required.
2. Five (5) years of experience in public affairs or event management, or as an executive secretary/protocol assistant, is required.
3. Level IV (fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing English and Khmer are required. Language proficiency will be tested.
4. Must have good knowledge of all sections and departments of the Royal Government of Cambodia. Knowledge of officials holding key positions within the Royal Government and thorough knowledge of Cambodian customs and practices are required.
5. Must be able to use effectively the full range of Microsoft Office applications.Must have good interpersonal and communication skills.
The application deadline is May 2, 2014. Interested candidates must submit applications by email to [email protected] using the “Universal Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Member (DS-174)” form. The application form and complete details on this position can be found at http://cambodia.usembassy.gov/employment_opportunities.html.
Note: All Ordinarily Resident (OR) applicants must have the required work and/or residency permits to be eligible for consideration.