• Exciting opportunity on Australian Aid funded project
• Excellent remuneration and conditions
• Battambang Province
URS has been appointed as the Implementing Service Provider for this Australian Aid funded program.
The Cambodia Community Justice Assistance Partnership (CCJAP) continues the support that Australia has provided over the past 16 years in the criminal justice sector in Cambodia; the assistance has moved from being donor-driven and institutionally focussed to an increasingly community oriented and locally owned and administered program of support to provide communities with equitable access to justice.
The aim of CCJAPis to provide safer communities for women, youth and children through less crime. CCJAP will work toward strengthening court and prison systems through more effective management of pre-trial arrangements, use of non-custodial sentencing and improved prisons.
The Provincial Program Officer will be responsible for working with RGC agencies and other communities, civil society and private sector stakeholders at sub-national and commune levels to plan and implement activities supporting the CCJAP partnership themes and end-of-program outcomes that align with the RGC Legal and Judicial Reform Strategy. The provincial program officer will play an active role to support integration of activities from a menu of options focusing on Crime Prevention and Community Safety into the annual planning processes led by Provincial and District Coordinating Committees.
To be successful in this role, candidates must have:
• A minimum of 5 years experienceson a multidisciplinary team in a complex project man agement environment in Cambodia.
• Familiarity with the RGC National Strategic Development Plan, Legal and Judicial Reform Strategy.
• Understanding of the current Decentralisation and Deconcentration (D & D) reforms and the NCDDS 3-year Implementation Plan (IP3).
You must be eligible to work in Cambodia to apply.
For further information on this role and to apply go to http://www.ap.urscorp.com/InternationalDevelopment/ProjectRecruitment and enter the job code 633.