The United Nations Population Fund is an international development agency that promotes the right of every woman, man and child to enjoy a life of health and equal opportunity. UNFPA supports countries in using population data for policies and programmes to ensure that every pregnancy is wanted, every birth is safe and every young person’s potential is fulfilled.
|Vacancy No:||FPA/13/004||Level:||ICS-10 (NOC)|
|Job Title:||Reproductive Health
|Duty Station:||UNFPA Office,Phnom Penh|
|Contract Type:||Fixed Term Appointment||Deadline:||3 January 2014|
Duties and Responsibilities
The Reproductive Health Programme Specialist has overall management responsibility for UNFPA activities in the field of reproductive and maternal health. He/she provides substantive inputs to programme development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation and must effectively influence counterparts from diverse backgrounds to jointly contribute to achieving UNFPA’s mandate. Main responsibilities include:
• Technical Leadership and Policy Advocacy in Reproductive Health. Analyses and interprets the political, social and economic environment relevant to reproductive health and identifies opportunities for UNFPA assistance and intervention.
• Programme Management. Assumes overall management responsibility for the Reproductive Health Programme and its component Annual Work Plans.
• Partnership and Coordination. Expedites and coordinates programme implementation by establishing collaborative relationships with executing agencies, experts, government counterparts and other UN agencies facilitating timely and efficient delivery of programme inputs.
• Capacity Development of National Institution or Human Resources. Provides support in national capacity development to the Ministry of Health and other partners in programme development, implementation and monitoring.
• Monitoring and Evaluation. Undertakes continuous and systematic monitoring of progress in programme implementation throughout the programme cycle.
Qualifications and Experience
• Medical degree or Master’s degree in health, population, demography and/or other related social science fields.
• 8-10 years professional experience preferably in Reproductive Health programme/project management in the public or private sector. Technical/clinical reproductive health experience desirable but not required. Experience supervising other technical/clinical professional staff preferred.
• Fluency in oral and written English and Khmer
• Proficiency in current office software applications.
How to apply
Applications should be sent to UNFPA Cambodia, address directly to Dr Marc Derveeuw G.L., Representative, No. 225, Street Pasteur, Boeng Keng Kang 1, Chamkar Mon, Phnom Penh, Cambodia. Please include the title and vacancy number in all correspondence. Application must be supported with P11 (mandatory). The Personal History Form (P11) and Job Description can be obtained from http://countryoffice.unfpa.org/cambodia. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. UNFPA retains the right to contact referees directly.
There is no application, processing or other fee at any stage of the application process. UNFPA does not solicit or screen for information in respect of HIV or AIDS and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV status