Angkor Research, as part of a consortium with the Euro Health Group (EHG), University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) and Itad, has been awarded a contract by the Technical Evaluation Reference Group (TERG) of the Global Fund to conduct the Prospective Country Evaluation (PCE) project in Cambodia from 2017-2020. This project examines the effectiveness and efficiency of Global Fund-funded activities and policies through the current funding cycle (2018-2020).
The PCE team is looking for an experienced senior evaluation advisor who can support the work of the PCE on the quantitative and qualitative elements of the project. This person will work with the CEP team in Angkor Research on a full-time basis. This is a position for Cambodian nationals only.
Duties and responsibilities of the Senior Evaluation Advisor (SEA)
The SEA will work with the Angkor Research team to:
1- Understand all the deliverables and work to date to enable them to present the work of the CEP to external audiences
2- Support the Interpretation of the findings through critical analysis and giving of constructive advice
3- Provide insights and knowledge on in-country practices
4- Take part in selected meetings and/or interviews with key stakeholders
5- Contribute to the formulation of recommendations to the TAG, and ultimately to the TERG/ Strategy Committee of the Global Fund Board.
• Preferably PhD/MD or equivalent, at minimum an MPH with strong background in evaluation methodology
• At least 10+ years working within the National Disease Programs, preferably in HIV or TB or Malaria, or experience working on Global Fund-funded programs in with implementing agencies
• Cambodian national preferred
• Experience working with government and multilateral organizations, and well versed in the policies and practicalities of the Global Fund (or willing to learn)
• High level of efficiency in English is required (spoken, written, read), and good presentation skills
Salary after taxes will be in the range of $2,000 to $3,000. The SEA is a full-time position and will be contracted until 30 March 2020, with possible extension.
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and CV, to the Angkor Research office, No. 7A Street 173, Sangkat Toul Tumpoung II, Khan Chamkarmon, Phnom Penh, or by email to [email protected]. Angkor Research is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. The closing date for applications is 5 pm Sunday, 21st April 2019.