The Australian Embassy is seeking applications for the position of Senior Program Manager – Social Accountability and Public Health. The position is available immediately, and after an initial three months probationary period the successful candidate may be offered a 12 month contract with the possibility of renewal. A competitive salary package is offered, including participation in performance management and bonus scheme. The basic monthly salary ranges for this position is from USD2,257 to USD2,836.
Duties will include:
• Manage Australian aid program activities in health and public service delivery
• Provide accurate and specialised advice on development activities in health and other social sectors and on program related issues, including anticipating problems and contributing to issues management at both operational and strategic levels
• Engage with senior officials from government, civil society and development partners on social policy issues, for example on social accountability or the empowerment of women and girls
• Maintain strong networks and represent the team in negotiations with program stakeholders
• Manage contracts and agreements, ensuring compliance with their requirements, including providing financial oversight and monitoring partner performance
• Manage program finances, including the preparation of financial estimates, coordination or budgets and maintenance of financial records
• Produce and deliver a range of high quality written materials and policy advice including briefing, correspondence, proposals, presentations, speeches and minutes to inform activity progress, emerging issues and key risks
• Contribute to public affairs activities within the portfolio including preparing social media content, managing events, and preparing media releases
The successful candidate will have at least 8 years relevant professional work experience and tertiary qualifications in public policy, international/community development, public health, governance or a related field. The candidate should be fluent in spoken and written English and Khmer, have a good understanding of the Cambodian government and development context, and have a good knowledge of MS Office applications.
For selection criteria and information on how to apply, please visit the Embassy website: http://cambodia.embassy.gov.au/penh/Vacancy.html. Only applications which address the selection criteria will be considered. Applications must be submitted by email to [email protected] with “Application for Senior Program Manager” as the subject line by close of business on Friday 12 October 2018.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for interview.