In collaboration with the Cambodian Ministry of Health, the Deutsche GesellschaftfürInternationaleZusammenarbeit (GIZ) implements the technical module of the German Social Health Protection Project(SHPP) funded by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) to improve the access of the poor and vulnerable to effective and affordable health care, and increase utilisation of services. SHPP supports three out of five strategic areas of Cambodia’s second Health Strategic Plan 2008-2015: health care services, health care financing and health system governance. In the area of health care financing, the project aims at extending social health protection mechanisms in Cambodia by providing technical assistance and policy advice at national and provincial level. The project also aims at making evidence for policy-making to key stakeholders. As part of the work on evidence of SHPP, GIZ is looking for a short-term consultant to implement a secondary analysis of statistical data on health seeking patterns and health related expenditure among vulnerable groups in Cambodia (old people and people leaving with disabilities).
Description of Services
The consultant shall complete a secondary analysis of publicly accessible statistical data from the Cambodian Socio-Economic Surveys (CSES) 2004, 2007, 2009 and 2013, and of the Demographic and Health Survey (CDHS) 2005 and 2010. Analysis shall be conducted using existing methodologies. Detailed terms of reference should be obtained upon request to GIZ. Estimated volume of work: 20 days
Profile and skills of the consultant
• Post-graduate degree (preferably at PhD level) from an internationally recognised institution in a relevant field such as statistics, social statistics or demographics;
• Expertise in STATA statistical analysis software (software license will not be provided by GIZ);
• Proficiency standard office production software (Microsoft Office);
• Good knowledge of statistical analytical methods in particular as used in determining catastrophic health expenditure;
• Proven track-record on academic publication (as first or co-author);
• Ability to work independently and to deliver upon strict timelines;
• 5-10 years relevant professional experience;
• Proficiency in English, written and spoken.
Should you be interested in carrying out the aforementioned tasks, please submit a letter of interest with an updated CV, a separate technical proposal and a financial proposal to GIZ Office Phnom Penh by 17:00h on the 29thof August 2014 to [email protected] or to the below address:
Ms. Channa Duk; GIZ Office Phnom Penh;
# 17, Street 306, BoeungKeng Kang 1,Chamcarmon, Phnom Penh
Women are encouraged to apply. The local consultant shall not be a civil servant of the Kingdom of Cambodia. Only shortlisted candidates will be considered and contacted.
You can also find this job advertisement on our facebook: