The Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist will monitor and evaluate the progress of ASTV – IRRI project on accelerating adoption of stress-tolerant rice for poor farmers in Cambodia; provide inputs and technical expertise in the development of a monitoring and evaluation framework for the ASTV project in Cambodia and Nepal and facilitate the implementation; design, maintain and update monitoring and evaluation systems and tools for project progress. He/She will facilitate the annual planning of project, coordinate the preparation of annual reports and progress reports, and provide training to project staff of IRRI-Cambodia on monitoring and evaluation of the project activities. This position will be based in IRRI-Cambodia Office in Phnom Penh.
• Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Social Sciences or agriculture related field with minimum 5 years work experience in monitoring and evaluation
• Master’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Social Sciences or agriculture related field with minimum 3 years work experience in monitoring and evaluation
• Has experience in monitoring and evaluation of projects or programs
• Has experience in working with logical framework design, performance indicator selection and results-based planning approaches
• Has experience with quantitative analytical techniques
• Is a proficient user of computer software packages related to database management and data analysis
• Has intercultural communication skills; has experience working with scientists and conducting household surveys
• Preferably has experience in using SPSS and STATA for data analysis, SQL for querying databases; and experience working with web based applications; has Biosafety expertise and knowledge of Philippines biosafety standards and procedures
Interested candidates should submit CV at [email protected] or [email protected] with subject: “IRRI Cambodia Application: Specialist – Monitoring and Evaluation” or bring a printed copy of your resume to our IRRI-Cambodia Office at the General Directorate of Agriculture (GDA) # 54B/49F, Street 395-656, Sangkat Toeuk Laak 3,Khan Tuol Kok, Phnom Penh, Cambodia. Contact Ms. Yath Sreyvanna at 023 620 3838/092 430 671. Deadline of application is 9 November 2015. We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
Join Us to Deliver Rice Science for a Better World
International Rice Research Institute (IRRI), supported by the CGIAR, is a non-profit, publicly funded international organization engaged in research and development of rice-related technologies for poor farmers. We provide world class facilities, highly competitive benefits, and gender-sensitive environment. IRRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.