Bird Life International is a global Partnership of conservation organisations that strives to conserve birds, their habitats and global biodiversity, working with people towards sustainability in the use of natural resources. In partnership with the Government of Cambodia, BirdLife has established a Cambodia Programme Office that implements the Western Siem Pang Protected Forest project with the aim to permanently manage dry forest ecosystem in Cambodia which supports livelihoods and economic development, with enhanced levels of biodiversity, as a model for replication and to inform wider forest management policy. BirdLife International is looking for suitable applicants to fill the Technical Advisor position:
RESPONSIBILITY FOR RESOURCES
• Support and supervise the development of Bird Life's Cambodia Programmes scientific and technical work and provide scientific and technical advice to the country programme manager and staff as needed and requested;
• Support country programme manager in develop new project proposal, planning the strategic development of the Cambodia Programme
• Lead in the development, management and supervision of all scientific and technical work at Western Siem Pang;
• Support the mobilization of resources for Western Siem Pang in co-ordination with the Country Programme Manager and Senior Technical Advisor.
• Postgraduate degree or relevant work experience in South-east Asia, preferably Cambodia, desirable.
• Knowledge of and interest in bird conservation issues, particularly species and site management. Able to design, manage species monitoring and recovery programmes and familiar with ecological monitoring, data management, storage and retrieval
• At least three years experience in conservation in South-east Asia.
• Proven ability to motivate and stimulate people. Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
• General familiarity with standard office software.
Salary and benefits are negotiable. Applicants should submit a CV and cover letter not larger than 1MB, via email to [email protected] as soon as possible. Only shortlisted candidates are notified for interview.