Save the Children currently seeks a Sanitation and Hygiene Specialist for a USAID-funded Integrated Nutrition, Hygiene, and Sanitation project in Cambodia. The goal of the $16m, five-year project is to improve the nutritional status of mothers and children in Cambodia and will focus on increased household-level practice of key Essential Nutrition Actions, enhanced use of improved sanitation facilities, improved hygiene behaviors and increased capacity of private and public sector partners to promote healthy behaviors.
The Sanitation and Hygiene Specialist will work closely and collaboratively with the senior project team and will be primarily responsible for ensuring that strategies to increase the use of improved sanitation facilities and improve hygiene behaviors are technically sound, up-to-date, of proven efficiency, and able to be implemented in local settings. S/he will ensure development of detailed implementation plans, collection of appropriate baseline and monitoring data, as needed, clear process and impact indicators, and effective project monitoring and evaluation procedures to ensure accountability and make improvements in children’s lives. The Specialist will also guarantee timely and accurate donor reporting as well as seek to continuously improve programs and initiate new project implementation.
Qualified candidates should possess the following skills:
• Education, preferably post-graduate education (master’s or higher), or over 7 years equivalent experience, in public health, nutrition, health sciences, engineering, business or related field and demonstrated experience in management of large, community-based projects or business/social enterprise marketing of products or services, and inter-disciplinary teams;
• A history of productive involvement with governmental health systems, processes and service delivery models in developing countries;
• Demonstrated knowledge and background in community mobilization and engagement;
• Demonstrated problem solving skills, collaboration experience, creativity and willingness to innovate;
• Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to lead and work effectively in team situations;
• Familiarity and understanding of USAID policies and procedures, or those of other donors, or those of donor-funded projects or community-based projects;
• Fluent oral and strong analytical, written English communications skills is required;
• Demonstrated ability to implement effective behavior change related to improving household sanitation access, water and hygiene;
• Extensive work experience in Cambodia (local candidates strongly encouraged to apply).
How to apply
A detailed Job Description is available from our website or at the address below. Please submit a CV and cover letter by email or post to the Human Resources attention Mr. Pich Sarakmony, HR/Admin Manager at Save the Children no later than 05.00PM on 06 December 2013.
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer. Electronic submission via email or our website is strongly encouraged. Qualified women and disable people candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified and called for interviews. Application and CVs will not be returned.
Save the Children: P.O. Box 34, Villa 5, Street 242, SangkatChaktomouk, Khan Daun Penh, Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
Phone: (855) 12 777 482,(855) 23 223 403/4/5/6, CCC Box 59,
Email: [email protected]/ website:http://cambodia.savethechildren.net