The Phnom Penh Post is an independent media company in Cambodia and is seeking a fulltime qualified candidate to the position described below.
Video Journalist: 1 position (female, bilingual)
Duties and responsibilities:
• Gathers information and recordings in the field. Interviews sources on and off camera. Determines appropriate highlights for video platform. Can edit videos to suit online, tv, documentary and news platforms.
• Report in a high-pressure newsroom environment with irregular working hours and tight deadlines.
• Writes simple, straightforward news copy. Work collaboratively with supervisor, other members of the newsroom or alone on assignments
• Excellent video photography and video editing skills.
• Ability to maintain all assigned equipment in excellent working condition.
• Ability to produce high quality news stories for use across all platforms.
• Minimum two years experience shooting daily news stories and special projects for a commercial television station or other online and comparable video outlets.
• Ability to shoot and edit with speed, efficiency, and creativity in a newsroom or field environment.
• Be able/ desire to travel nationally if required by assignment.
• High School diploma or equivalent required. College degree in Broadcast Journalism, Communications or equivalent a plus.
• Be able to communicate in English and Khmer.
Interested candidates are requested to submit a cover letter, expected salary and detailed CV with current photo, no later than 5:00 p.m. of January 15th, 2018 to Human Resources & Administration Department.
Address: Phnom Penh Center, building H,Unit:888, 8th floor, Corner Sihanouk & Sothearos Blvd, Sangkat Tonle Bassac, Khan Chamkarmon, Phnom Penh.
Tel: +855- (0) 23 214 311-17
Fax: +855-(0)23-214 318
E-mail: [email protected]
www.phnompenhpost.com / www.postkhmer.com
Post Media Co., Ltd is an equal opportunity employer. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview. Application documents will not be returned.