Some constructive criticism and much appreciated praise from our readers
Lift articles and content are very interesting and informative because it has a variety of topics including politics, culture, history, education and health which people want to know. Lift reporters always dig out the story that we are aware of, but never raise in public. I like the Constructive Cambodian column since the senior writers have very critical thinking to share with the readers.
I am not satisfied with the photos of the writers that are published with each story. It seems like self promotion and 5 cool things should be about things that everyone thinks are cool, so the readers will be interested.
I think the articles in Lift are useful to society. It helps because Lift provides general knowledge, not just entertainment. The other people I see reading Lift are also reading it to build up their knowledge.
Anyway, to improve, Lift should put quotes from Khmer poets, for example Krom Ngoy, for youth and adults to read. I am really interested in Khmer proverbs since they teach people to be good and youth will be interested in them.
22, Program Assistant at International Republican Institute (IRI).
I read every issue of Lift and I am addicted to the content, which is the most intriguing I have found. Lift maintains its focus on university students; therefore, it helps address a lot of issues related to youth. The youth of the week section is very critical and useful as it may give good examples of how to sail through challenges on the horizon and create your own masterpiece
I think Lift should try to cover as many topics as possible, including a section called free opinion, which allows students or young people to express their opinions about a certain topic at a certain time. There should also be more stuff helping students transition from university to the professional world, and twice as many copies distributed each week.
You told us that we should change …
• Nothing, it’s a creative work by Cambodian youth
• Bring back the job finding section
• Publish more than once a week
• Publish old Khmer proverbs to educate young Cambodians.
• Improve quality of content and photos
• More internship information
• Change the way it is designed
• Khmer stories should be the same length as English ones.
• More quizzes about famous people’s quotes
• Be more careful with writing mistakes
• Post more on the website that is useful for scholarships
• Publish daily
• Write more about international news
• Deliver Lift earlier on the days it is published
• It should look simpler
• Khmer and English should be published in separate editions