Sreng Mao; ACE/IDP
IELTS, the International English Language Testing System, is designed to assess the language ability of candidates who want to study or work where English is the language of communication. It is the world’s most popular high stakes English language proficiency test with two million tests taken in the last year. Over 8,000 organisations trust and accept IELTS as a secure, valid and reliable indicator of true to life ability to communicate in English for education, immigration and professional accreditation.
Institutions and organisations that ask for and accept IELTS results include:
1. all universities and the vast majority of education providers in Australia, New Zealand and the UK, as well as most universities in Canada
2. more than 3,000 higher educational institutions and programs in the US
3. immigration authorities in Australia, Canada, New Zealand and the UK
4. professional registration bodies worldwide, covering areas such as accounting, engineering, law, medicine and nursing
5. a wide range of employers from sectors such as banking and finance, government, construction, energy and natural resources, aviation, health and tourism
6. universities in non-English speaking countries where English is the language of instruction.
The test is designed to assess English language skills at all levels. There is no such thing as a pass or fail in IELTS. Results are reported as band scores on a scale from 1 (the lowest) to 9 (the highest).
IELTS is jointly owned by British Council, IDP: IELTS Australia and Cambridge English
Language Assessment. IDP: IELTS Australia, a subsidiary of IDP Education, is one of the world’s leading international education organisations offering student placement in Australia, the US and the UK. IDP Education has 40 years’ experience in international higher education, placing more than 32,000 students every year.
IELTS tests are administered at centres throughout the world - there are currently more than 800 test locations in over 135 countries. The test is conducted at IDP Education in Cambodia every two weeks, usually on a Saturday. Additional test dates can be set for groups of 10 or more candidates. The current cost of the test is $180.
For more information about IELTS in Cambodia, visit: http://www.cambodia.idp.com or pop in to any ACE campus in Phnom Penh or Siem Reap.