Another 200 workers fainted at a Kampong Cham province shoe factory on Monday, in a repeat of events that occurred after an electrical malfunction on Friday, when 200 were sent to the hospital.
Cheng Heang, the director of the provincial labour department said his team has been monitoring the situation.
“We sent the workers to the district hospital. Now the team is monitoring the situation extensively as their feelings of fear remain. We are now solving it,” he said.
Batheay district’s referral hospital head in Kampong Cham Touth Huot said his hospital received 80 workers on Monday, none of whom were among those who went there on Friday.
Huot said some of the workers returned home the same day.
“It is better that they take a day off even though they can leave the hospital today,” he said, adding that two workers were in serious condition.
“Their hearts were beating very fast, and they were very pale. But we are able to treat their symptoms,” he said.
The Post could not reach the National Social Security Fund (NSSF) spokesman Cheav Bunrith for comment.