Logo of Phnom Penh Post newspaper Phnom Penh Post - Axe attack injures three

Axe attack injures three

Axe attack injures three

A BRUTAL axe attack on Wednesday afternoon left three men, including a police officer, in a serious condition in Kampong Cham province’s Koh Sotin district. Ma Chanda, a deputy police chief of Koh
Sotin district, said the suspect, 42-year-old Po Sokhom, had been arrested after he attacked his brother-in-law, then attacked his uncle and a police officer. Witnesses said the suspect, toting two axes, approached his brother-in-law while he was drinking by his house and hacked him several times in the head. Long Bunmao, a deputy police chief for the district, arrived on the scene and, with the help of the suspect’s uncle, 56-year-old Sun Chrech, attempted to subdue the suspect. Both men were also axed in the head during the struggle.

MOST VIEWED

  • Cambodia-Thailand rail reconnected after 45 years

    A railway reconnecting Cambodia and Thailand was officially inaugurated on Monday following a 45-year hiatus, with the two kingdoms’ prime ministers in attendance at the ceremony. On the occasion, Cambodian Prime Minister Hun Sen and Thai Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha travelled together from Thailand’s

  • Thousands attend CNRP-organised pro-democracy vigil in South Korea

    Thousands of supporters of the Supreme Court-dissolved Cambodia National Rescue Party (CNRP) on Saturday gathered in the South Korean city of Gwangju to hold a candlelight demonstration calling for the “liberation” of democracy in Cambodia. Yim Sinorn, a CNRP member in South Korea, said on

  • US Embassy: Chinese trade does not help like the West’s

    The US Embassy in Phnom Penh on Friday said relations between China and Cambodia did not create jobs or help industry when compared to the trade between the Kingdom and the US. “About 87 per cent of trade [with China] are Chinese imports, which do not

  • New airport study set for 2019

    A feasibility study on the construction of a new airport in the Kingdom will be launched later this year, according to a Ministry of Tourism spokesman on Monday. The plan was approved last week in a meeting held by the Ministry of Economy and Finance