A TWO-YEAR-OLD boy had died and his five siblings had fallen seriously ill after eating wild cassava in Chang Krang commune in Kratie province’s Chet Borei district on Sunday, officials said yesterday. District police chief Chou Chet said cassava was used to produce flour but was not meant to be eaten. “The cassava grew in a wild area. One of [the siblings] saw cassava which looked good to eat. He burned some cassava in the fire and called his siblings to eat it together,” he said. “Local authorities hurried to send them to the hospital, but the youngest brother could not be saved.” Chou Chet added that the boy’s five siblings were recovering at a provincial hospital.