A villager's home and a mobile phone spare parts warehouse were engulfed in flames in two separate cases in Phnom Penh on April 15.
Neth Vantha, director of the Ministry of Interior's fire department, told The Post the home and warehouse, located in Chbar Ampov and Prampi Makara districts respectively, were levelled but no injury was reported.
“The fires were caused by electrical fault. The damages are estimated at around $200,000,” he said.
Vantha urged people to increase vigilance to avoid fires, either possibly caused by electrical fault or ignited by burning incense sticks, candlelight, charcoals or firewood.