Logo of Phnom Penh Post newspaper Phnom Penh Post - Construction company director stole: police




Construction company director stole: police

Construction company director stole: police

The general director of a Vietnamese construction company was arrested and sent to court Saturday after allegedly stealing $500,000 from another construction company, a senior police official who asked not to be named said yesterday.

According to the official, Vietnamese national Tran Tuan Huy, director general of the K-Thien Tran Company, withdrew the money from a joint bank account his company opened with the King Trade International Company while the companies were partnering to build a fertiliser factory in Kandal. Tran, who could not be contacted, allegedly spent all the money.

MOST VIEWED

  • CDRI poll: Most happy but disappointments still exist

    A survey has found that over 70 per cent of Cambodian youths and adults approve of the direction the country is headed in, with the majority of respondents saying they had been doing better financially over the past five years. However, more than half said they

  • Drugs raid on Miami Night Club, 50 held

    Anti-drugs police raided a club in Chamkarmon district’s Boeung Keng Kang I commune in Phnom Penh early on Thursday, arresting some 50 people and confiscating drug-producing equipment and suspected illegal substances. Deputy National Police chief Mok Chito said on Thursday that police conducted the raid

  • Phnom Penh: The street food you adore, but given a refined twist

    There is no shortage of street food vendors scattered across Phnom Penh, but what is far rarer is finding a place that also has comfortable seating, good hygiene and parking. This is where Jing Ling and her five friends step in. With the concept of

  • Battambang court releases minor who shot boy

    The Battambang provincial court on Thursday released a 14-year-old boy who had been detained for accidentally firing a home-made gun and killing a nine-year-old boy in Samlot district on Tuesday, provincial court spokesman Tieng Sambor said. Sambor told The Post on Thursday that following the