Logo of Phnom Penh Post newspaper Phnom Penh Post - Convict suspected of killings

Convict suspected of killings

Convict suspected of killings

A convict recently released from prison is back in custody after he allegedly shot and killed two military police officers in an act of revenge on July 13 in Stung Treng province.

Brigadier General Or Borin, a provincial military police commander, said yesterday that the suspect, 42-year-old farmer Keng Teng, who also goes by the name Phorn, was arrested on July 17 while travelling home.

The suspect reportedly lives in Chey Udom commune’s Thmey village in Ratanakkiri province’s Lumphat district.

Or Borin said that Keng Teng was recently released after serving a six-year prison sentence for robbery in Stung Treng province’s Siem Pang district.

The two victims were Bun Vin Vila, a 29-year-old military police officer, and Chan Boheng, a national intervention military police officer. They were allegedly gunned down by Keng Teng in Siem Pang district.  

“The shooting was an act of revenge against the two military officers who had previously arrested the suspect for illegally smuggling timber. The suspect said he had plotted the shooting two weeks in advance,” claimed  Or Borin. Adhoc investigator Hou Sam Ol said that it was one of the most brutal acts of revenge he had seen.

MOST VIEWED

  • Prince injured, wife dies after accident

    THE wife of former First Prime Minister Prince Norodom Ranariddh, Ouk Phalla, 39, died while the prince was “severely” injured following a road accident in Preah Sihanouk province’s Prey Nub district on Sunday morning, officials said. Rananriddh, who is also the president of the Funcinpec

  • Guards protest dismissals, reject claims of sharing naked photos of child

    Some 20 former security guards at the US Embassy in Phnom Penh protested on Tuesday against their dismissal. They accused their employers of falsely claiming they had viewed and shared child pornography from their mobile phones as grounds for their termination. In total, 32 personnel were dismissed

  • We’re going to Wisney World!

    More than 6,000 mostly Chinese attendees witnessed the inauguration ceremony of a $1 billion Sihanoukville resort project called Wisney World in the capital on Wednesday. The event on Koh Pich, attended by several senior Cambodian government officials, is a joint venture between China’s AMC International and

  • Funcinpec urges probe into deadly Preah Sihanouk accident

    THE Funcinpec party has urged the government, especially the Ministry of Interior, to investigate the traffic accident in Preah Sihanouk province which left Prince Norodom Ranariddh badly injured and his wife Ouk Phalla dead. Funcinpec Vice President You Hokry told reporters at Botum Votey pagoda,