- Turnover Tax: Business, manufacturing, forestry industries, etc. at a turnover
rate of 1%. Services at rate of 2%, paid monthly by taxpayer except on tax holiday
- Profits Tax: All businesses ranging from 26% on manufacturing to 4% on services.
Applied to business profits. Since most businesses do not have to keep records, it
is set on standards of profit margins for any business. Usually 4-6% but can vary.
- Import Tax: represent 70% of the business taxes paid in Cambodia. Not the same
as customs duty. Collected by tax department, not customs department. 4-12% depending
on the type of item. Tax is not applied to CIF or market value buy a unit price set
by the Ministry of Finance.
- Rental Income Tax: Owners of residential property. 10% of rental income paid
by foreigners or international agencies. Commercial tenants and Cambodians are not
- Other Taxes:
- Real Estate at 6%, Vehicles at 4%, Ships at 12%. Rates apply to official rather
than market prices.
- Motor Vehicle Licence Fee: Standard annual registration fee, set in riel based
on the size of the vehicle.
- Hotel Lodging Tax: Hotel owner pays 10% for all guests.
- Business License Fee: Annual registration License on business and professionals.
Basis is estimated on turnover applied at from .5-8%.
- Slaughter Tax: Slaughter houses. 3%
- Stamp Tax: applications or licenses. Riels10,000-300,000
- Excise Tax: On consumables: cigarettes, tobacco, liquor, coffee, soft drinks,
lotus seeds, ice cream. 20-50%.
Current Tax Law: No. 23
- Chinese tourists 2.0 – Coming anytime soon?
Regional tourism is grappling with the absence of the prolific travellers and big spenders – the Chinese tourists. Cambodia, which has welcomed over two million Chinese tourists before Covid-19, is reeling from the economic loss despite being the first to fully open last November ‘To put
- PM reflects on shoe throwing: Free speech or act of violence?
Prime Minister Hun Sen on May 17 questioned whether a man who threw a shoe at him while he was in the US was exercising freedom of expression or if it was an act of hostility. Hun Sen was referring to an incident last week when
- Prime Minister Hun Sen warmly welcomed by president Biden
Prime Minister Hun Sen, as ASEAN chair, and other ASEAN leaders were warmly welcomed by US president Joe Biden as the ASEAN-US summit May 12-13 kicked off today in Washington. “This evening, I welcomed ASEAN leaders to the White House for the first time in
- Hun Sen: Stop Russia sanctions
Prime Minister Hun Sen said sanctions against Russia as a result of its military offensive in Ukraine should be stopped as they have produced no tangible results, and predicted that a global food crisis would ensue in 2023 as a consequence. Speaking to an audience at
- Prime Minister Hun Sen invites US president to attend summit in Cambodia
Prime Minister Hun Sen personally invited US President Joe Biden to attend the ASEAN-US Summit which is set to be held in Cambodia in November, as ASEAN and the US are expected to upgrade their strategic partnership to a ‘comprehensive strategic partnership’, according to Prime
- Pub Street on the cards for Battambang
The Battambang Provincial Authority has announced that it is considering establishing a Pub Street in the area around the heritage buildings in Battambang town in a bid to attract more tourists. Battambang provincial governor Sok Lou told The Post that the establishment of a Pub