- Turnover Tax: Business, manufacturing, forestry industries, etc. at a turnover
rate of 1%. Services at rate of 2%, paid monthly by taxpayer except on tax holiday
- Profits Tax: All businesses ranging from 26% on manufacturing to 4% on services.
Applied to business profits. Since most businesses do not have to keep records, it
is set on standards of profit margins for any business. Usually 4-6% but can vary.
- Import Tax: represent 70% of the business taxes paid in Cambodia. Not the same
as customs duty. Collected by tax department, not customs department. 4-12% depending
on the type of item. Tax is not applied to CIF or market value buy a unit price set
by the Ministry of Finance.
- Rental Income Tax: Owners of residential property. 10% of rental income paid
by foreigners or international agencies. Commercial tenants and Cambodians are not
- Other Taxes:
- Real Estate at 6%, Vehicles at 4%, Ships at 12%. Rates apply to official rather
than market prices.
- Motor Vehicle Licence Fee: Standard annual registration fee, set in riel based
on the size of the vehicle.
- Hotel Lodging Tax: Hotel owner pays 10% for all guests.
- Business License Fee: Annual registration License on business and professionals.
Basis is estimated on turnover applied at from .5-8%.
- Slaughter Tax: Slaughter houses. 3%
- Stamp Tax: applications or licenses. Riels10,000-300,000
- Excise Tax: On consumables: cigarettes, tobacco, liquor, coffee, soft drinks,
lotus seeds, ice cream. 20-50%.
Current Tax Law: No. 23
- Ethnic group ‘disappointed’ to be denied French visas to attend court
Eleven people at the centre of a case involving seven indigenous Bunong villages in Mondulkiri province pursuing legal action in France have expressed disappointment after the French embassy in Phnom Penh denied their visa applications to attend court. A press release said the 11 included a
- Cambodia nabs 12th place in best retirement destinations
Cambodia is an expatriate hotspot for those dreaming of living a more luxurious lifestyle at an affordable cost, according to International Living’s Annual Global Retirement Index 2019. For the fourth year in a row, Cambodia took the top spot in the Cost of Living category.
- EU starts EBA withdrawal
The EU on Monday announced that it has begun the 18-month process of withdrawing the Kingdom’s access to its preferential Everything But Arms (EBA) agreement over “a deterioration of democracy [and] respect for human rights”. However, the Garment Manufacturers Association of Cambodia (GMAC) said
- PM: War result of foreign meddling
Prime Minister Hun Sen said on Sunday that Cambodia’s recent history of conflict was caused by foreign interference. “The wars that happened were caused by provocation, incitement, support, smearing and interference from foreign powers, and the group of ignorant people who pushed Cambodia to