- Turnover Tax: Business, manufacturing, forestry industries, etc. at a turnover
rate of 1%. Services at rate of 2%, paid monthly by taxpayer except on tax holiday
- Profits Tax: All businesses ranging from 26% on manufacturing to 4% on services.
Applied to business profits. Since most businesses do not have to keep records, it
is set on standards of profit margins for any business. Usually 4-6% but can vary.
- Import Tax: represent 70% of the business taxes paid in Cambodia. Not the same
as customs duty. Collected by tax department, not customs department. 4-12% depending
on the type of item. Tax is not applied to CIF or market value buy a unit price set
by the Ministry of Finance.
- Rental Income Tax: Owners of residential property. 10% of rental income paid
by foreigners or international agencies. Commercial tenants and Cambodians are not
- Other Taxes:
- Real Estate at 6%, Vehicles at 4%, Ships at 12%. Rates apply to official rather
than market prices.
- Motor Vehicle Licence Fee: Standard annual registration fee, set in riel based
on the size of the vehicle.
- Hotel Lodging Tax: Hotel owner pays 10% for all guests.
- Business License Fee: Annual registration License on business and professionals.
Basis is estimated on turnover applied at from .5-8%.
- Slaughter Tax: Slaughter houses. 3%
- Stamp Tax: applications or licenses. Riels10,000-300,000
- Excise Tax: On consumables: cigarettes, tobacco, liquor, coffee, soft drinks,
lotus seeds, ice cream. 20-50%.
Current Tax Law: No. 23
- Phnom Penh unveils rules for post-lockdown transition
The Phnom Penh Municipal Administration issued a set of detailed guidelines for the seven days to May 12 after the capital emerges from lockdown at the onset of May 6. In the 14-page document signed by municipal governor Khuong Sreng released on the evening of May 5, the
- SBI LY HOUR Bank Launches Cross Border Money Transfer Service between Cambodia and Vietnam on RippleNet, utilizing DLT
SBI LY HOUR Bank Plc and Hanoi-based Tien Phong Commercial Joint Stock Bank (TPBank) on Friday launched the first Cambodia-Vietnam money transfer service in real currency via RippleNet, provided by SBI Ripple Asia Co Ltd to provide safe, fast and convenient services. SBI LY HOUR
- Cambodia ready to exit LDC status
Cambodia is well-prepared to minimise economic risks when it graduates from its Least Developed Countries status, according to a senior official at the Ministry of Commerce on May 7. Four LDCs – Cambodia, Laos, Bangladesh and Nepal – met at a virtual workshop last week to explore potential
- Nine US franchises eye Cambodia debut
Nine famous US franchising companies are looking for business opportunities and expansion into Cambodia to build a footstep for a strong foundation in Southeast Asia. The US embassy in Phnom Penh, in partnership with the US Foreign Commercial Service and with support from the American
- Nearly 2,000 detained for Phnom Penh curfew breach
Nearly 2,000 people were detained in the capital for violating the curfew imposed by the government and Phnom Penh Municipal Administration. Municipal police spokesman San Sokseyha told The Post on May 16 that people were detained in two phases. In phase one, the government locked down Phnom
- Jab drive announced for two more Phnom Penh districts
The Phnom Penh Municipal Administration on May 15 announced a first-dose novel-coronavirus vaccination campaign for Boeung Keng Kang and Sen Sok districts from May 18-31, and a follow-up second-shot drive from June 1-15. Twenty vaccination sites have been set up in a combined 13 communes across both