Logo of Phnom Penh Post newspaper Phnom Penh Post - Drive-by shooting in Phnom Penh's Sen Sok district leaves two injured

Drive-by shooting in Phnom Penh's Sen Sok district leaves two injured

A drive-by shooting in the capital's Sen Sok district last night leaves a bullet hole in the window of a car.
A drive-by shooting in the capital's Sen Sok district last night leaves a bullet hole in the window of a car. Supplied

Drive-by shooting in Phnom Penh's Sen Sok district leaves two injured

A drive-by shooting possibly related to a "love triangle" injured a businessman and a clothing seller in the capital’s Sen Sok district last night, authorities said. No suspects have been apprehended.

The woman sustained three bullet wounds while the man took one hit, Phnom Penh Thmey commune chief Chhum Saray said. The victims were in a parked car when another car drove by showering them with a burst of shots, he said, while the suspect car's, with an unknown number of people inside, immediately fled the scene.

Saray identified the injured as 25-year-old Seng Vin, a local clothing seller, and 31-year-old Kong Ravin, a businessman living in Russey Keo district. The pair is currently receiving treatment at Calmette Hospital.
.
"By the preliminary investigation we suspect that it might be [caused by] a love triangle," he said. Five bullet casings were found at the scene.

Sen Sok district military police chief Prum Sakada said that after speaking to friends and family of the victims, authorities have identified a 34-year-old soldier from Battambang province as the primary suspect in the case.

MOST VIEWED

  • Mysterious century-old structure found at bottom of Angkor pond

    The Apsara National Authority (ANA) has discovered a mysterious 1,000-year-old structure of a wooden building at the bottom of a pond after the Angkor Wat temple’s conservation team completed restoring its northern cave. The deputy director at ANA’s Angkor International Research and Documentation

  • Cellcard announces Cambodia’s first use of 5G to help Kingdom during Covid-19

    Cellcard on Friday announced Cambodia’s first use of 5G for a telemedicine service at four locations across Phnom Penh to help the Kingdom’s most critically ill during the Covid-19 outbreak. Cellcard, which is the only 100 per cent Cambodian-owned and "Proudly Khmer" mobile network

  • Former CNRP activist nabbed for offering online English classes

    Authorities detained a high school teacher in Kampong Chhnang province on Thursday after he was caught conducting online classes despite the fact that schools had been ordered to close temporarily to prevent Covid-19 infections. Keo Thai teaches at Boribo High School in Kampong Chhnang and

  • Health ministry warns against using virus-testing machines

    The Ministry of Health has threatened legal action against anyone who publicised their test results after using COVID-19 rapid testing machines. The ministry said such machines were not even approved or recognised for use by the World Health Organisation (WHO). It said test the results

  • National Assembly approves two coal-fired power plants

    The National Assembly (NA) unanimously approved draft laws paving the way for the construction of two coal-fired power plants worth $1.665 billion to supply 100 per cent of electricity required in the Kingdom by 2025. An NA member said at the session that the plants will be located

  • The good and bad of credit growth

    In the last 10 years, the property and construction sectors have propelled Cambodia’s economy. But rising borrowings threaten to dampen its future unless something is done soon They say all good things must come to an end, perhaps not “the” end. A slowdown in real