Logo of Phnom Penh Post newspaper Phnom Penh Post - Education: 54 to study on Chinese scholarship

Education: 54 to study on Chinese scholarship

Education: 54 to study on Chinese scholarship

Fifty-four Cambodians, including 10 women, are to leave for China at the end of the month on year-long government scholarships, the Chinese embassy secretary said Thursday. In a news release, the embassy also stated that the recipients "are recommended by different ministries and institutions, and they are awarded the scholarships after rounds of strict selections." The students are comprised of 21 bachelor's degree candidates, 29 master's degree candidates, two general scholars and two doctoral degree candidates. "I am very proud that the friendship between our two countries has created opportunities for Cambodian people and students who win scholarships to go and study," said Lav Chhiv Eav, rector of the Royal University of Phnom Penh.

MOST VIEWED

  • Police seek arrest of Chinese ‘gang’

    Cambodian police remain on the lookout for 20 Chinese nationals who earlier this month posted a video clip threatening to stoke insecurity in Preah Sihanouk province, though the Chinese Embassy in Phnom Penh maintained the group posed no threats to Cambodia’s national security. National Police

  • Rapper deletes song critical of Cambodian social issues

    A young musician has deleted from Facebook and YouTube a rap song that was critical of Cambodia’s social issues and announced that he will stop singing the song after officials visited his home in Siem Reap province and allegedly gave him a warning. Provincial

  • Man arrested for fake PM endorsement

    The owner of currency exchange company GCG Asia Co Ltd was temporarily detained by the court yesterday for attempted fraud after Prime Minister Hun Sen reacted to the company using his name and pictures to allege his endorsement of the firm. Phnom Penh Municipal Court

  • Sihanoukville authority orders structure dismantled

    The Preah Sihanouk provincial administration has ordered owners of two unauthorised construction sites to immediately dismantle them and warned of legal action if the owners failed to comply. Ly Chet Niyom, development management and construction bureau chief at the provincial hall, told The Post on