About 10 students from Chamroeun University of Poly-Technology in Kampot province’s Kampot town fainted yesterday morning after the electricity in their training room cut out and caused the fans to stop working, officials and rights workers said.
Try Narin, provincial coordinator for rights group Adhoc, said that she visited the trainees at a nearby private clinic where they were sent for treatment.
“I saw two trainees were … receiving oxygen, and the other trainees got better,” she said.
“The room has only two fans and it was stuffy, [and] that made it difficult for them to breathe.”
Provincial penal police chief Puth Saban said the students’ health had improved after the 30 minute-long blackout.
A worker at Bokor Polyclinic and Maternity, where the trainees were treated, said that the trainees had recovered and left the clinic at 1pm yesterday.