Logo of Phnom Penh Post newspaper Phnom Penh Post - Five charged over sex toy distribution

Five charged over sex toy distribution

Five charged over sex toy distribution

Five Chinese nationals were charged yesterday with selling and distributing sex toys in Phnom Penh. Two women and three men were charged with the offence at the Phnom Penh Municipal Court following a raid on Monday on a Chinese shop in Veal Vong commune, in the capital’s Prampi Makara district.    During the raid, police seized 10 penis-shaped sex toys, two vagina toys, a sex doll and sex-related medicines. Pen Rath, deputy chief of the Phnom Penh police, said     the importation and sale of sex toys and products was banned in Cambodia because it could affect Cambodian culture and traditions. He said police would continue to crack down on such activities. “According to Cambodian law, if they are found guilty, they will be sentenced to at least   a week to a month in jail,”   Pen Rath said.

MOST VIEWED

  • Temi tourism project approved by the CDC

    The $500.4 million Tourism, Ecological, Marine and International (Temi) tourism project has been approved by the Council for the Development of Cambodia (CDC), according to a notice on its Facebook page on Monday. The project is part of Chinese-owned Union City Development Group Co Ltd’s (

  • Rainsy will return at ‘favourable time’

    Opposition figure Sam Rainsy on Saturday suggested he would not return to Cambodia as he had previously promised, saying that like liberators King Father Norodom Sihanouk and Charles de Gaulle, he would only do so at a “favourable time”. “I will go back to Cambodia

  • NagaWorld casino sees net profit of more than $390M last year

    Phnom Penh’s NagaWorld casino posted a 53 per cent net profit increase last year at $390.6 million, a sum which is almost equal to the combined net profit of all Cambodian commercial banks in 2017. NagaWorld’s parent company, NagaCorp Ltd, is listed on the Hong Kong

  • US Embassy urged to stop ‘disrespecting sovereignty’

    The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation called on the US Embassy in Phnom Penh on Saturday to respect the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations after it called former opposition leader Kem Sokha “an innocent man” – a move deemed to be “disrespecting Cambodia’s