Logo of Phnom Penh Post newspaper Phnom Penh Post - Foreigners injured in bus crash

Foreigners injured in bus crash

Foreigners injured in bus crash

Twenty-one passengers, more than half of them foreign tourists, were injured when their bus overturned in Pursat province’s Krakor district early on Friday morning, police said yesterday.

Krakor district’s traffic police chief Som Pilot said the passengers, including 13 foreign nationals from Norway, France, Canada, the Netherlands, Germany and Denmark, were treated at a provincial hospital before being released.

“The tourists told us that the wreck was likely caused by the driver, who lost concentration due to sleepiness,” he said.

According to investigators, the Angkor Express bus careened to the left and off national road 5.

When the bus driver braked in an attempt to swerve back onto the road, the bus toppled over.

To contact the reporter on this story: Khoun Leakhana at [email protected]

MOST VIEWED

  • Ministers to tackle sea pollutants

    Preah Sihanouk provincial authorities and members of local communities have collected 77 tonnes of water hyacinth at a Sihanoukville beach, Preah Sihanouk Provincial Hall spokesperson Or Saroeun said. He told The Post yesterday that the aquatic weeds had been floating along some of the province’s

  • EU timber deal in firing line

    A committee of more than 20 national and international organisations filed a petition to the EU on October 10 to prevent it from signing a timber trade agreement with Vietnam, noting that the deal would be disastrous to the Kingdom’s forests. The petition claims Vietnamese timber

  • Kim Sok to keep up fight ‘for change’ from Finland

    Kim Sok, wanted by the Kingdom’s authorities for defaming the government, reiterated on Sunday his determination to continue helping to make “a real change” to Cambodian politics after receiving asylum in Finland, even as a government spokesman mocked the political analyst over the development.

  • PM: Programme to recover Vietnam War missing back on

    Prime Minister Hun Sen has announced the resumption of the MIA programme to recover the remains of American service personnel missing after action on Cambodian soil during the Vietnam War. The programme was suspended for more than a year after the US government imposed visa