Logo of Phnom Penh Post newspaper Phnom Penh Post - Four held over Kratie family killings released




Four held over Kratie family killings released

Four held over Kratie family killings released

Four men who were arrested for the alleged murder of a family in Chet Borey district last week were released on Wednesday after police failed to link them to the case, said a police officer.

The four suspects – Choek Nou, 50, Choek Mao, 46, Choek Limsreng, 20, Mao Nhanh, 17 – all residents of Paer village, Thmey commune, Chet Borey district were freed after interrogation.

The Kratie provincial police had arrested them on August 13 in connection with the murder of the four family members in the same province which took place on the night of August 9.

Police said they were shot dead and their house was razed to the ground to destroy any evidence of the killings.

Kratie provincial police station crime chief Kim Heang told The Post that the suspects were detained because they lived in Koh Broem, located about 500m from the crime scene.

MOST VIEWED

  • All inbound flights set to face added scrutiny

    Ministry of Health spokesperson Or Vandine said on Monday that the ministry is monitoring all inbound flights, after it was announced that only those from Malaysia and Indonesia will be temporarily cancelled from August 1. Vandine said on Monday that the two countries were identified as

  • Flights from Indonesia, Malaysia cancelled

    A Ministry of Health official has warned of the possibility of Covid-19 spreading through community transmission after the total infected cases in the Kingdom rose to 225. Ministry spokeswoman Or Vandine told reporters on Saturday that the possibility of community transmission cannot be overlooked and that

  • Man in quarantine dies of ‘overdose’

    The Ministry of Health on Thursday said a Cambodian migrant worker who died while being isolated at a quarantine centre in Tbong Khmum province’s Kroch Chhmar district may have died from syncope or overdose of tablets. In a statement, the ministry said the 21-year-old

  • Ministry set to reopen 20 schools in August

    The Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport will allow 20 high-safety-standards schools to reopen next month despite new cases of Covid-19 in the country. Ministry spokesperson Ros Soveacha wrote in a Telegram message on Wednesday that the schools are in Phnom Penh, Siem Reap and Battambang.