Logo of Phnom Penh Post newspaper Phnom Penh Post - Frenchman fails to show for sex trial

Frenchman fails to show for sex trial

Frenchman fails to show for sex trial

A 68-year-old Frenchman charged with purchasing child prostitution and commiting indecent acts against a minor failed to turn up for his scheduled hearing at the Preah Sihanouk provincial court on Friday. Former photographer Jacques Philippe Albertini was first arrested in 2008, charged with sexually abusing his foster son, but he was released on bail after paying the court US$1,500 in August that year. The court heard that the accused was previously convicted of sexually abusing minors in France and Thailand, and had been arrested in Cambodia for abusing four boys in 2004, but the charges were dropped.

MOST VIEWED

  • New US bill ‘is a violation of Cambodian independence’

    After a US congressmen introduced bipartisan legislation that will enact sanctions on Cambodian officials responsible for “undermining democracy” in the Kingdom, government officials and the ruling Cambodian People’s Party on Sunday said they regarded the potential action as the “violation of independence and sovereignty

  • Long way to go before Cambodia gets a ‘smart city’

    Phnom Penh, Siem Reap and Battambang will struggle to attain smart city status without adopting far reaching master plans, according to officials tasked with implementing the program. The brainchild of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (Asean), the smart city program seeks to link up

  • Ministry’s plan for net sparks fears

    The government has ordered all domestic and international internet traffic in the Kingdom to pass through a Data Management Centre (DMC) that has been newly created by the state-owned Telecom Cambodia, in a move some have claimed is an attempt to censor government critics. Spokesman

  • China-Cambodia tourism forum held

    The Cambodian tourism sector must be prepared to welcome a growing number of Chinese tourists, as they lead the globe in the number of outbound travellers and were responsible for the most visitors to the Kingdom last year, the country’s tourism minister said on