Logo of Phnom Penh Post newspaper Phnom Penh Post - Italian tourist faces pedophile charge

Italian tourist faces pedophile charge

Italian tourist faces pedophile charge

An Italian tourist was charged February 29 with debauchery for allegedly sexually abusing six Cambodian children in Sihanoukville, police said. Fabio Cencini, 43, was in jail awaiting trial following his arrest while in the company of a group of children, said Suon Sophan, deputy chief of the town's anti-trafficking police unit. Cencini is accused of molesting four girls and two boys, between ages of 8 and 13. "We have enough evidence to prove his guilt, but he has denied the crime," the police said. Debauchery is a criminal charge covering a wide range of sex offences and carries a penalty of up to 20 years in jail. Cencini came under suspicion after French child welfare group Action Pour Les Enfants tipped off investigators, police said. (AFP)

MOST VIEWED

  • Man arrested for fake PM endorsement

    The owner of currency exchange company GCG Asia Co Ltd was temporarily detained by the court yesterday for attempted fraud after Prime Minister Hun Sen reacted to the company using his name and pictures to allege his endorsement of the firm. Phnom Penh Municipal Court

  • Archeologists find ancient phallic statue

    An archeological team has found a metre-long tipless stone linga (penis) of the Hindu deity Shiva in the foundations of a temple in Kratie province’s historical Samphu Borak area, a former capital of the pre-Angkor Empire Chenla period. Thuy Chanthourn, the deputy director of

  • Sihanoukville authority orders structure dismantled

    The Preah Sihanouk provincial administration has ordered owners of two unauthorised construction sites to immediately dismantle them and warned of legal action if the owners failed to comply. Ly Chet Niyom, development management and construction bureau chief at the provincial hall, told The Post on

  • Police seek arrest of Chinese ‘gang’

    Cambodian police remain on the lookout for 20 Chinese nationals who earlier this month posted a video clip threatening to stoke insecurity in Preah Sihanouk province, though the Chinese Embassy in Phnom Penh maintained the group posed no threats to Cambodia’s national security. National Police