Logo of Phnom Penh Post newspaper Phnom Penh Post - Market dispute has ended, vendors say

Market dispute has ended, vendors say

Market dispute has ended, vendors say

Siem Reap Governor Sou Phirin has granted 380 vendors permission to continue operating near Siem Reap town’s Phsar Leu Market, quieting fears that they were about to be evicted. “I feel reborn,” said vegetable-seller Srey Mom. Bun Tharith, deputy governor of Siem Reap, said provincial officials established a committee to examine the number of vendors already in place to ensure no new stalls would be erected.

MOST VIEWED

  • New US bill ‘is a violation of Cambodian independence’

    After a US congressmen introduced bipartisan legislation that will enact sanctions on Cambodian officials responsible for “undermining democracy” in the Kingdom, government officials and the ruling Cambodian People’s Party on Sunday said they regarded the potential action as the “violation of independence and sovereignty

  • Long way to go before Cambodia gets a ‘smart city’

    Phnom Penh, Siem Reap and Battambang will struggle to attain smart city status without adopting far reaching master plans, according to officials tasked with implementing the program. The brainchild of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (Asean), the smart city program seeks to link up

  • Ministry’s plan for net sparks fears

    The government has ordered all domestic and international internet traffic in the Kingdom to pass through a Data Management Centre (DMC) that has been newly created by the state-owned Telecom Cambodia, in a move some have claimed is an attempt to censor government critics. Spokesman

  • China-Cambodia tourism forum held

    The Cambodian tourism sector must be prepared to welcome a growing number of Chinese tourists, as they lead the globe in the number of outbound travellers and were responsible for the most visitors to the Kingdom last year, the country’s tourism minister said on