After public outcry via social media, Ministry of Education spokesperson Ros Soveacha said students will be given 30 days to submit complaints about results of the high school science examination.
Scores were initially announced on Thursday. Speaking on Sunday, he said in the natural science test 975 students’ grades had been lifted from an F to a passing E.
“The ministry is sorry for the technical mistakes happening lately. We also apologise to the public and are checking the matter in detail to ensure accuracy and justice for natural science students by cancelling the first result announcement on September 9,” Soveacha said. On the heels of Thursday’s announcement, many complained that the new scores were “rushed”.