Logo of Phnom Penh Post newspaper Phnom Penh Post - Pair summonsed over land dispute with KDC

Pair summonsed over land dispute with KDC

Pair summonsed over land dispute with KDC

Two villagers in Kampong Chhnang province’s Kompong Tralach district were summonsed to the provincial court yesterday to answer questions about their civil suit against KDC International, a company they accuse of grabbing their farmland.

The villagers, Reach Seima and Loeng Lim, allege that KDC International, which is owned by Chea Keng, the wife of Mines and Energy Minister Suy Sem, stole 78 acres of their land in 2008.

“I did not sell my land, I haven’t accepted 100 riel from the company,” Reach Seima said. Twenty-one other families have filed similar suits and several protests have been staged criticising the alleged land grab. Counsel for KDC International could not be reached by the Post yesterday.

MOST VIEWED

  • Ministers to tackle sea pollutants

    Preah Sihanouk provincial authorities and members of local communities have collected 77 tonnes of water hyacinth at a Sihanoukville beach, Preah Sihanouk Provincial Hall spokesperson Or Saroeun said. He told The Post yesterday that the aquatic weeds had been floating along some of the province’s

  • EU timber deal in firing line

    A committee of more than 20 national and international organisations filed a petition to the EU on October 10 to prevent it from signing a timber trade agreement with Vietnam, noting that the deal would be disastrous to the Kingdom’s forests. The petition claims Vietnamese timber

  • Kim Sok to keep up fight ‘for change’ from Finland

    Kim Sok, wanted by the Kingdom’s authorities for defaming the government, reiterated on Sunday his determination to continue helping to make “a real change” to Cambodian politics after receiving asylum in Finland, even as a government spokesman mocked the political analyst over the development.

  • PM: Programme to recover Vietnam War missing back on

    Prime Minister Hun Sen has announced the resumption of the MIA programme to recover the remains of American service personnel missing after action on Cambodian soil during the Vietnam War. The programme was suspended for more than a year after the US government imposed visa