Logo of Phnom Penh Post newspaper Phnom Penh Post - Still no arrest warrants for RCAF threesome

Still no arrest warrants for RCAF threesome

Still no arrest warrants for RCAF threesome

A trio of Royal Cambodian Armed Forces officers remain free over nine months after Siem Reap provincial court charged them with illegally discharging a weapon and harassing three Forestry Administration officials, and issued a warrant for their arrest.

Kouy Thunna, defence lawyer for forestry officials who filed complaints against the RCAF officers in January, said yesterday that he had submitted letters to Defence Minister Tea Banh and RCAF Commander-in-Chief Pol Saroeun requesting that the warrant be implemented.

“In order to implement the laws, ensure the principles of justice and equality in our society, as well as maintain the RCAF’s prestige and honour, I would like ... the arrest of the accused military officers,” he said.

In October last year, forestry officials pulled over a car in Siem Reap province that was transporting illegally logged timber. After the driver fled, forestry official Thong Sokhay confiscated the car while two other officials followed in a separate vehicle.

Thong Sokhay claimed that RCAF officers Rom Sa Eam, Roeung Sarin and Chhum Chenda pulled in front of the car and opened fire because they had hired the driver to transport the timber for them.

Provincial court Judge Ith Samphors said the arrest warrants were issued in March.

MOST VIEWED

  • Prince injured, wife dies after accident

    THE wife of former First Prime Minister Prince Norodom Ranariddh, Ouk Phalla, 39, died while the prince was “severely” injured following a road accident in Preah Sihanouk province’s Prey Nub district on Sunday morning, officials said. Rananriddh, who is also the president of the Funcinpec

  • Guards protest dismissals, reject claims of sharing naked photos of child

    Some 20 former security guards at the US Embassy in Phnom Penh protested on Tuesday against their dismissal. They accused their employers of falsely claiming they had viewed and shared child pornography from their mobile phones as grounds for their termination. In total, 32 personnel were dismissed

  • We’re going to Wisney World!

    More than 6,000 mostly Chinese attendees witnessed the inauguration ceremony of a $1 billion Sihanoukville resort project called Wisney World in the capital on Wednesday. The event on Koh Pich, attended by several senior Cambodian government officials, is a joint venture between China’s AMC International and

  • Funcinpec urges probe into deadly Preah Sihanouk accident

    THE Funcinpec party has urged the government, especially the Ministry of Interior, to investigate the traffic accident in Preah Sihanouk province which left Prince Norodom Ranariddh badly injured and his wife Ouk Phalla dead. Funcinpec Vice President You Hokry told reporters at Botum Votey pagoda,