Logo of Phnom Penh Post newspaper Phnom Penh Post - Suspected Sen Sok shooter confesses to police



Suspected Sen Sok shooter confesses to police

Military Police said on Saturday that a man had confessed to a drive-by shooting in Sen Sok district, although they did not identify him. Facebook
Military Police said on Saturday that a man had confessed to a drive-by shooting in Sen Sok district, although they did not identify him. Facebook

Suspected Sen Sok shooter confesses to police

A suspect in a drive-by shooting that injured two people last week turned himself in to Military Police on Friday.

According to the Phnom Penh gendarmerie, the suspect confessed to the shooting. Photos of the man posted on Facebook on Saturday show him handcuffed and holding a handgun.

Two people – 25-year-old Kin Vin and 31-year-old Kong Ravin – were injured after an unknown shooter sprayed bullets into their car in Sen Sok district last Monday before driving off.

Military Police did not identify the suspect, although Sen Sok district Military Police Chief Prum Sakada previously said police were looking for a 34-year-old soldier from Battambang province.

When contacted yesterday, Sakada directed questions to Military Police spokesman Eng Hy, who said he had not received information about the confession yet.

Huor Mengvang, Sen Sok district police chief, said yesterday that a love triangle was rumoured to have been the motivation but that police are still investigating.

MOST VIEWED

  • Without shoes or a helmet, a young cyclist steals the show

    Pech Theara gripped the curved handlebars of his rusty old bike, planted his bare feet on its pedals and stormed as fast as he could towards the finish line. The odds were against him as the 13-year-old faced off against kids with nicer bikes at

  • Phnom Penh-Sihanoukville expressway on schedule

    The construction of the more than $1.9 billion Phnom Penh-Sihanoukville Expressway has not been delayed despite the Covid-19 pandemic, with more than 26 per cent of the project completed and expected to finish in about two years, according to Ministry of Public Works and Transport secretary of

  • Over 110 garment factories close

    A government official said on November 22 that at least 110 garment factories had closed in the first nine months of the year and left more than 55,000 workers without jobs – but union leaders worry those numbers could be much higher. Ministry of Labour and Vocational Training undersecretary

  • Singapore group seeks $14M in damages from PPSP over ‘breach of contract’

    Singapore-based Asiatic Group (Holdings) Ltd is seeking a minimum of $14.4 million relief from Cambodia Securities Exchange (CSX)-listed Phnom Penh Special Economic Zone Plc (PPSP) for allegedly breaching a power plant joint venture (JV) agreement. Asiatic Group’s wholly-owned Colben System Pte Ltd and 95 per

  • PM vows to protect Hun family

    Prime Minister Hun Sen has vowed to continue his fight against opposition politicians who he said intend to smash the Hun family. Without naming the politicians but apparently referring to former leaders of the Supreme Court-dissolved Cambodia National Rescue Party (CNRP), Hun Sen said there

  • Cambodia lauded for fight against Covid-19

    Cambodia has drawn global accolades for its handling of the Covid-19 pandemic, with a new report finding that the Kingdom has controlled the pandemic better than any other country in Asia. Dr Takeshi Kasai, director of the World Health Organisation’s (WHO) Western Pacific region,