Police Blotter: 29 August 2008

Police Blotter: 29 August 2008

police.jpg
police.jpg

NUMBER ONE PLUS CONDOMS CURE ACNE

Number One Plus condoms are all the rage with female factory workers in Sihanoukville who have started using the product on their faces in the belief that it can eliminate acne. A factory worker from RCI factory in Sihanoukville, who asked not to be named, said that she got rid of her acne and acquired smooth skin after putting Number One condoms on her face for three days. "I used to waste a lot of money on acne creams but they never worked. I started using the condoms on my skin after my friend who works at a factory in Phnom Penh told me that they helped to get rid of acne," she said. Women who sell condoms near the Sihanoukville factory said that a lot of factory workers have started buying Number One Plus condoms, which cost 500 riels per packet.
KAMPUCHEA THMEY

OUT OF CONTROL DRUNK ON RAMPAGE

Ken Krin, 34, attacked his wife, brother-in-law and mother-in-law with a knife after a drinking spree in Kampong Cham province on Sunday. One of the victims, Phnov Samoeun, 22, said that Ken Krin, who is his brother-in-law, came home drunk at 9pm and threatened to beat his wife and broke plates and pans in the kitchen. Ken Krin cut Phnov Samoeun on the face with the knife after the man tried to assist his sister, who also sustained facial injuries. Ken Krin also attacked his mother-in-law, who was rendered unconscious during the assault. The assailant fled after the incident.
KOH SANTEPHEAP

WOMAN ATTACKED WITH A LONG STICK

Njor, 29, was beaten on the face with a long wooden stick by two assailants who stole her motorbike at 11:30pm Tuesday in Siem Reap. The robbery occurred 100 metres from Njor's family home and her screams summoned her neighbours, who ran out with wooden sticks and iron bars to help her. Njor experienced severe shock but was not injured during the assault.
KAMPUCHEA THMEY

PARENTS TALK CORN WHILE HOUSE BURNS

A small house burned to the ground when two children were left unattended near the kitchen fire at 8pm Saturday in Battambang province. Chem San, 50, the owner of the house, said that the fire occurred when he went outside with his wife to talk about planting corn with the neighbours, after his wife had cooked some rice in the family kitchen. The children were not injured in the blaze. The police said that the fire was caused by not blowing out the kitchen fire after cooking.
KOH SANTEPHEAP

MOST VIEWED

  • Proof giants walked among us humans?

    For years a debate has waged about whether certain bas relief carvings at the 12th-century To Prohm Temple, one of the most popular attractions at the Angkor Wat Temple Complex in Siem Reap province, depicted dinosaurs or some rather less exotic and more contemporary animal,

  • New US bill ‘is a violation of Cambodian independence’

    After a US congressmen introduced bipartisan legislation that will enact sanctions on Cambodian officials responsible for “undermining democracy” in the Kingdom, government officials and the ruling Cambodian People’s Party on Sunday said they regarded the potential action as the “violation of independence and sovereignty

  • Long way to go before Cambodia gets a ‘smart city’

    Phnom Penh, Siem Reap and Battambang will struggle to attain smart city status without adopting far reaching master plans, according to officials tasked with implementing the program. The brainchild of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (Asean), the smart city program seeks to link up

  • Japan bank buys major stake in ANZ Royal Bank

    Japan's largest bank acquired more than half of ANZ’s shares in Cambodia on Thursday, according to a statement from Kith Meng’s Royal Group. Japan's JTrust Bank, announced that they had acquired a 55% of stake in ANZ Royal Bank. According to a Royal Group