Answer for Thursday 30 April.
1. Local rights advocates fear that the new edict
d) will offer little effective protection.
2. Who will examine the proposed subdecree?
b) the Council of Ministers
3. Under the subdecree, indigenous land would be registered on a ____basis.
4. The subdecree might be useful in regulating the
c) Land Law
5. Article 7 states that communities could only receive land titles if
c) all land disputes were resolves.
Listen and answer the following questions
1. How many women now claim that President Lugo fathered their children?
2. Before becoming president of Paraguay, Luga was
b) a Catholic priest
3. How many children does Lugo acknowledge as his own?
4. How can one call the situation described in the article?
a) a scandal
Choose the word or phrase that correctly completes the sentence.
1. Because aluminum is lighter and cheaper ___, it is frequently used for high-tension power transmission.
b) than copper
2. It is only recently that ballets have been based on themes ___ American life.
3. Poison oak generates irritating poisons ___ even if people mere brush against the plant.
b) that can affect people
4. ___ ants live in colonies, keep farms, go to war, carry off slaves, and have a society somewhat like human beings.
a) Studies of ant life show that
5. Generic medicine are just as ___ and much less expensive.
d) effective as brand-name products
6. ___ is no way to tell the exact number of heroin addicts in France.
7. Ernest Hemingway is ___ of modern fiction.
a) one of the moulders
8. ___ occasions for congratulations.
c) Birthdays are usually considered
9. "Forty-niners" ___ to California for gold in 1848.
10. In order for people to work together effectively, they need ___ each other's needs.
a) to be sensitive to
11. It is good form to use the name of the person ___.
b) you are greeting