Answer for Thursday 25 June.
1. What was the nationality of the two men caught on the Italian-Swiss border with the T-bills?
2. If the bonds turn out to be real, how much of the money can the Italian government keep?
d) 40 percent
3. Why should the US government be concerned about this story?
a) It could destroy confidence in the US dollar.
4. The author of this article thinks that
c) the US Treasury had better get to the bottom of the story.
"Coalition raises dam worries" , The Phnom Penh Post, page 5, June 18.
Go to www.phnompenhpost.com/listening, listen to the reading and answer the following:
1. How many of the proposed 11 dams are in Cambodia?
2. What is most at risk from the proposed dams?
b) fish stocks
3. How might dams endanger traditional fishing?
b) by cutting off migration routes
4. What does everyone agree on?
c) The Mekong is a valuable resource.
Choose the one word or phrase that correctly completes the sentence.
1. With new technology, cameras can take underwater photos __ color.
2. ___ actress’s life is unlike other lives.
3. Heat, moisture and oxygen are three necessary requirements ______ most seedlings.
a) for cultivating
4. The total weight of all ants in the world is much greater than _______.
c) that of all human beings.
5. Elephants scratch themselves with sticks ________.
d) held in their trunks