Listen to the audio file and answer the following questions:
Click here to download the audio file.
1. What country has the world's largest foreign reserves?
2. China is offering currency swap with various countries so that they
a) can get rid of their US dollar bonds.
b) avoid using the US dollar in their trade with China.
c) up to further increase China's US dollar reserves.
d) buy Chinese yuan bonds.
3. Over the last year, the US dollar has
a) declined against most other currencies.
b) risen against most other currencies.
c) remained unchanged against most other currencies.
4. Over the past years, the US dollar
a) has made up a bigger percentage of other countries' foreign reserves.
b) has made up a smaller part of other countries' foreign reserves.
c) has become more popular as a foreign reserve currency.
5. The article indicates that China wishes to
a) totally abandon the US dollar as a reserve currency.
b) lessen its exposure to US Treasury bonds.
c) replace the US dollar with the yuan as the new international
d) replace the US dollar with the euro as the major reserve currency.
Click here for answers to listening comprehension and other sections of Post Classroom.