Logo of Phnom Penh Post newspaper Phnom Penh Post - More FDI projects set to locate to southern VN



More FDI projects set to locate to southern VN

Content image - Phnom Penh Post
The Saigon Hi-Tec Park in Ho Chi Minh City's District 9 expects foreign-invested enterprises to relocate or open. Vietnam News

More FDI projects set to locate to southern VN

Vietnam News/ANN: More foreign-invested enterprises are expected to relocate or open in the Southern Focal Economic Zone in the last quarter of this year.

Ajinomoto Vietnam, which has been in the country for 27 years, has two manufacturing plants at the Bien Hoa Industrial Park No1 and Long Thanh Industrial Park, both in Dong Nai Province.

With five supply centres and 2,400 employees across the country, the company supplies local customers with spices, food products, beverages and biological fertilisers.

Director-general and president of Ajinomoto Vietnam Keiji Kaneko said the company would build a new plant to make food products on an 8ha area in the Long Thanh IP.

Many other FDI companies also plan to expand their business activities in Vietnam.

In June last year, Bosch announced an investment of $47 million for its plant in Dong Nai Province, following its investments of $23 million in 2015 and $22 million in 2016.

These investments brought the total investment of Bosch in Vietnam to $380 million, according to the Vietnam Investment Review newspaper.

Meanwhile, the Singapore-headquartered OPV Pharmaceutical Joint-Stock company has announced further investment of $47.7 million for its plant in Bien Hoa Industrial Park No 2 in Dong Nai Province, bringing the company’s total investments at the plant to $70 million.

Director of Binh Duong Province’s Department of Planning and Investment Nguyen Thanh Truc said the province attracted FDI flows of $1.3 billion in the first nine months of the year.

“The coming Asian Economic Forum gathered some 700 businesspeople from Vietnam and over the world to Binh Duong Province,” Truc said.

Binh Duong authorities will soon grant investment licenses to new FDI projects, according to Truc.

After 16 years of operation, the park has received FDI of $5.4 billion from multinationals and international hi-tech firms such as Intel, Samsung and Nidec.

The project for Nidec’s Research and Development Centre, for example, is awaiting licensing approval from HCM City authorities.

Nidec has invested in five plants at the park, with total investment of about $500 million.

MOST VIEWED

  • Cambodia on the verge of national tragedy, WHO warns

    The World Health Organisation (WHO) in Cambodia warned that the country had reached another critical point amid a sudden, huge surge in community transmission cases and deaths. “We stand on the brink of a national tragedy because of Covid-19. Despite our best efforts, we are

  • Phnom Penh curfew starts today

    A two-week curfew from 8pm to 5am starts today in Phnom Penh, a day after a sub-decree detailing administrative measures to contain Covid-19 was issued by Prime Minister Hun Sen. “Travelling in Phnom Penh is temporally banned between 8pm and 5am,” said Phnom Penh governor

  • Phnom Penh placed in two-week lockdown

    The government has decided to place Phnom Penh in lockdown for two weeks, effective April 14 midnight through April 28, as Cambodia continues to grapple with the ongoing community outbreak of Covid-19, which has seen no sign of subsiding. According to a directive signed by Prime Minister

  • Vaccination open to foreigners in Cambodia

    The Ministry of Health on April 8 issued an announcement on Covid-19 vaccination for foreigners residing and working in Cambodia, directing the Ministry of Labour and Vocational Training and local authorities to register them. Health minister Mam Bun Heng, who is also head of the inter-ministerial

  • Cambodia gears up for muted New Year festival

    The recent curfew and restrictions imposed in the capital and other Covid-19 hotspots were intended to break the chain of transmission, Ministry of Health spokeswoman Or Vandine said as municipal and provincial authorities issued new directives banning certain activities during the upcoming Khmer New Year

  • Culture ministry: Take Tuol Sleng photos down, or else

    The Ministry of Culture and Fine Arts has told Irish photographer Matt Loughrey to take down the photos of Khmer Rouge victims at Tuol Sleng Genocidal Museum which he allegedly colourised and altered to show them smiling. The ministry said Loughrey's work is unacceptable, affecting